Metro Detroit cruise locations?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone knows of a favorite weekly cruise location, post it so the rest of us can GO!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None that I know of. Woodward can be ok. But the traffic and outlandish amount of cops takes the fun out of it.

I tend to drive north to get on some more curvy 2 lane roads. I see other sports cars doing the same but seldom any Vipers. Once in a while I get to show a sports bike that a Viper is not slow :) The look on their face when I pull them in 3rd gear is priceless.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None that I know of. Woodward can be ok. But the traffic and outlandish amount of cops takes the fun out of it.

I tend to drive north to get on some more curvy 2 lane roads. I see other sports cars doing the same but seldom any Vipers. Once in a while I get to show a sports bike that a Viper is not slow :) The look on their face when I pull them in 3rd gear is priceless.

I'll BET Ron :)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bakers is nice if you want to park for a day. Ok once in a while but I prefer driving.

Once in a while I go to the Rochester cruise night at the shopping center at Walton and Adams. Usually go to eat or have ice cream there. But that is also my golf night so ...

I think you will find that most do not venture far from home on weekdays. I know the west side is too far for me. Woodward is about as far west as I will go. MCVO does not do anything east of I75 in general. I think they believe the world starts there.

BTW we have a cruise and autocross event 7/22 (autocross at Chelsea). Join the VCA and come play with us.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George with a '93 Viper at Baker's Sunday was asking if the Chelsea autocross had already happened.. Maybe he'll see your mention of it.

He said he's not a member, but is on the forums.

Been thinking I should drive out to AArbor for the day, or down to Toledo where I grew up. In fact we were thinking about downtown Rochester for the day to browse around.

:)

Hmm the AA Art Fair is coming up very soon, so is the Selfridge Air Show (free!)

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I avoid the Ann Arbor Art Fair but the Friday before (the 13th) there is the Rolling Sculpture Car Show in downtown Ann Arbor. I plan to have the Viper there along with the 400+ other cars they get.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the Hell of a Cruise in Hell, MI on August 4th. One of the many events in Hell put on by the unofficial mayor of Hell, John Colone, former(?) MI/VCA member, and all around great guy.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be up for the Hell of a Cruise. MCVO went in 1995 and has never gone back. It was a great day (except the last bit going through Hell). John is a great guy and we should find a way to support this event (assuming no scheduling conflicts).

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I participated last year and was the only Viper in the car show. There was a yellow RT/10 and a yellow Prowler that were in the cruise though. A husband and wife team and she had the Viper. He said he just likes to cruise in the Prowler.

The roads in Hell are still hell. The rest of the route was good though.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be up for the Hell of a Cruise. MCVO went in 1995 and has never gone back. It was a great day (except the last bit going through Hell). John is a great guy and we should find a way to support this event (assuming no scheduling conflicts).

Seems like I've heard things get a bit crazy towards the end of the day in town.

- We went to Hell (MI) 4yrs ago when nothing was going on there to have a first look around, and bumped into John as he was busying himself with even more ideas/ways to promote the place.

I asked about his GTS, he said he'd sold his '96 b/w GTS to a friend for a song, and the new owner promptly wadded it up..

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like I've heard things get a bit crazy towards the end of the day in town.

I think they had police :cop: from 5 different departments including the State Police. They were writing tickets left & right for burnouts. I guess they're trying to re-claim control :devgrin:compared to previous years.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend with a 6-71 blown Roadrunner lives near Hell and used to enjoy going there and frying his tires for some reason..I don't get it myself

:dunno:

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/ Dream Cruise is more like a big parking lot inching along at .1mph, but it lasts all week (unoffically) now. Burnouts aren't appreciated there either..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets