Miro Fiber Towels

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About time to buy a new set of micro fiber towels, anyone have a favorite ? I am not big on auto parts store micro fiber as they do not seem to be of a very high quality.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We go thru so many of them, that we do buy them at Pep Boys (auto store) in bulk...they seem fine, no residue/dust leftover...we have BLACK, so you KNOW we're always cleaning!! ~juli~

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a variety from specialty detailing type places to Target. All seem to be pretty good. Once test particular detail freaks do is try wiping a CD with a given MF towell. If it does nto scratch the CD, it likely is fine for your paint.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the yellow microfiber one's at COSTCO are too rough although I do use them on my Miata, but for the Viper it's the blue ones from Adam's Polishes for me. Soft as a baby's **** (actually softer I think since there are no babies here). I haven't found any better. Give them a try.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought some from Costco and they work great.

AHHH

I use them for interior stuff and thats it.

You won't believe this but I found a few metal shavings on a few of the towels RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG!!!!

For me, it's Meg's towels. They are GREAT!!

Vipers9500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a variety from specialty detailing type places to Target. All seem to be pretty good. Once test particular detail freaks do is try wiping a CD with a given MF towell. If it does nto scratch the CD, it likely is fine for your paint.

The CD test is an excellent way to check towels and wash mitts. Prevent 'em before seeing 'em.

How frustrating would it be to inflict new scratches after just polishing them out of the paint surface?

Microfibers all the way here.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For MF I use either 3M or Pakshak.com.

To remove Zaino I use dftowels or 100% cotton.

+1. The DF towels are the softest thing out there for buffing.

For general cleaning stuff, I use the bulk MF towels from Sam's Club / Walmart.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DF towels ? ...whats this ?

i bought a huge blue MF towel a few years ago at a car show. i still have it but its getting tired. i cant find a big enough one anywhere. anyone know where to get a good quality MF towel thats BIG ?

mine is about 30"x60"

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DF towels ? ...whats this ?

i bought a huge blue MF towel a few years ago at a car show. i still have it but its getting tired. i cant find a big enough one anywhere. anyone know where to get a good quality MF towel thats BIG ?

mine is about 30"x60"

DF's website is http://www.dftowel.com/

Their medium towel is 17x30. I *think* they make a large, but it's not listed on the site. The towels are VERY soft. Not great for drying, but for buffing, they're the best.

They make a bunch of other great products as well. I just got the dual action water softener/purifier from them and it works very well (and is WAY cheaper than any comparable product I've found).

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DF's website is http://www.dftowel.com/

Their medium towel is 17x30. I *think* they make a large, but it's not listed on the site. The towels are VERY soft. Not great for drying, but for buffing, they're the best.

They make a bunch of other great products as well. I just got the dual action water softener/purifier from them and it works very well (and is WAY cheaper than any comparable product I've found).
:2tu:

Great for removing wax or Zaino. For drying I think Ranneys Waffle Weaves from www.pakshak.com are the best. The are BIG, soft and thirsty.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the ones from costco, they are great and the best deal out there. I tried them first on a cd and rubbed very hard and no scratches on the cd. Don't waste your money on all these other microfibre clothes they all probably come from the same manufacturers etc and they just put their name on it afterwards.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the ones from costco, they are great and the best deal out there. I tried them first on a cd and rubbed very hard and no scratches on the cd. Don't waste your money on all these other microfibre clothes they all probably come from the same manufacturers etc and they just put their name on it afterwards.

For the standard MF towels, I agree with you. The DF towels are genuinely different though. You should check 'em out, you'll see what I mean.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil I got a big one like they one you are looking for from Wally World. I use it on my black truck and it does not scratch it at all.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some from wal-mart, the first ones I ever tried. They seemed to work well, but I do change them out often. I've been using Meguiar's gold paste, also a first, but haven't experienced any problems.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing you need to worry about on some of these towels is the stitching some are plastic. I get mine at costco but cut the stitching off. I go thru enough of them with my black 04 but we all know black is a work in progress.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slick just might have a vested interest in those towels....;)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score