Miro Fiber Towels

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that the Costco towels tend to **** after washing them. I've been using these from Griot's Speed Shine® Micro Fiber Cloths, Set Of Three - Griot's Garage . I can't seem to find anything that compares to these MF towels. Has anyone seen and/or used towels similiar to these?

Actually no, I hadn't seen those, but they look great! We actually don't even WASH the micro-fiber towels after using them. We keep the ones we use just for the detail spray in a covered plastic box, not tightly closed. Can't believe this thread is still going strong!
You must be registered for see images
~juli

You must be registered for see images

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the best out there for waxing is 100% cotton baby dippers

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread but *** is a baby dipper and where can I get some????

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that, as absorbent as they are, they probably don't have a deep enough pile to get small abrasives up off the paint. That's one of the reasons I love the DF Towels (and those ones from Griots look great too). The deep pile will pull dirt away from the paint.

I wouldn't use baby diapers, or the 100% pure cotton cloth towels from Griot's, unless the paint was pristine clean.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you think the best towels are with using the detail spray?

IMO, the DF towels are the best. They are an exteremely soft, deep pile towel and are great for polishing and buffing. The yellow towels that come with the Meguiars clay-bar kit are pretty nice too. I imagine you can buy them seperately as well.

1BADRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
One of the most important things is the blend of polymide to polyester. Your 70-30 blend microfibers will be better for waxing and detailing. Where the 80-20 blends will be beter suited for other jobs other that on the paint.

Also when you wash them buy a conditioner for the towels to keep the fibers in good shape.

Just alittle helpfull .02 worth.

DylanGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I placed an order with both Pakshak.com and Dftowels.com back in mid-January. I am very satisfied with the towels I received from Pakshak. I ordered the thickest Microfiber towel they offer and it works great!

As for the order from dftowels.com I cannot comment on since I still have not received the order (from january 16th). The hamsters that intertwine the threads must of gone on strike.

Anyways, I recommend using Pakshack for the plush microfiber towels. Normal microfiber towels I'd just buy at your local automotive parts store and I would not / cannot recommend anyone order from Dftowels.com

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I placed an order with both Pakshak.com and Dftowels.com back in mid-January. I am very satisfied with the towels I received from Pakshak. I ordered the thickest Microfiber towel they offer and it works great!

As for the order from dftowels.com I cannot comment on since I still have not received the order (from january 16th). The hamsters that intertwine the threads must of gone on strike.

Anyways, I recommend using Pakshack for the plush microfiber towels. Normal microfiber towels I'd just buy at your local automotive parts store and I would not / cannot recommend anyone order from Dftowels.com

Surprised to hear that they're slow. They have always been very quick in the past for me. I'll be interested to hear your impressions of them when you do get them. I believe you will be impressed, they are a very nice towel.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which ones from this web site do you recommend? You said you ordered the thickest but I can't see where "thickness" is mentioned. And which size do you prefer? I see the smallest is 16" x 16" and they go much larger.

Bob

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Those actually look decently priced. Griot's can be a little high at times.

I bought the waffle weave from PakShak. Washing my car in the garage - not much drying from the sun - but using my water blade quickly on the hood etc, 2 of the towels will dry the car nicely. They have not been affected by washing and drying.

MICROPAK 16" x 27" Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel

I also bought like 40 of the smaller towels in various colors for like glass, wheels, interior etc. All are silk edged which is nice.

Which ones from this web site do you recommend? You said you ordered the thickest but I can't see where "thickness" is mentioned. And which size do you prefer? I see the smallest is 16" x 16" and they go much larger.

Bob

On my quote above is the towel I bought for drying. The smaller 16" x 16" ones that I got many color of for various areas/functions are these:

MICROPAK 16" x 16" Ultra-Smooth Micro Fiber Towel

I don't have a towel thickness gauge other than my hand/brain, but I'd say these are above average, or premium.

DylanGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bob

These are the thick microfiber towels; 530 gram.

Pakshak

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Slick... You've been working this front for some time now. Why don't you get hooked up as a vendor here and be done with it? Then your posts won't be deleted and stuff. That isn't making you look good...

he is working on that. i wish he would do it FAST too. i use alot of his stuff. his stuff is atleast as good if not better than anything i can get at any local parts store. plus, i would much rather buy things from friends than someone i dont know too. his towels may be a bit pricey, but they are also the best i have ever found. i used his stuff on my fire car, and his stuff really brought the car back to life.

anyway, he will be a vendor soon. but until then, you have to pay to advertise!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235