Mods, Biggest bang for your buck?? 94 RT/10

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Without a doubt: Rear Gear Swap. Ear-To-Ear grins immediate and constant. On all the time. SOTP feels like 66HP in a Gen 1, under $650 complete parts. 5th and 6th gears are useable, and 5th even pulls ! Zoom-Zoom-Zoom

No refills needed. No burned pistons.
NOS lasts seconds. Refill / babysit / costs

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, and they still will get their butts handed to them by another Viper with a hundred shot and factory 307 gears.
wink.gif

Also, no gas mileage penalty as it is not in use all the time.
Once bottle feed they will never be weaned
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
wink.gif

If properly installed and setup no burned pistons or trouble.
Read Nitrous does not hurt motors, greed and lack of fuel will!

Any stock motor in good shape will take up to 150 shot with no more ill effects then changing cams, gears, heads etc......

One other note; RPM kills motors. When using nitrous you should lower the shift point by as much as 500 rpm thus making the motor live longer and the car run faster.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought the whole theory behind a gear swap was to put you deeper into the powerband more often thus giving you more power? so you guys are saying the gears do nothing to make the car faster, just more SOTP grunt?

just curious.

- eddie -

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No question about it, remove the cats. Cost me $20.00 for the pipe, $5.00 clamps and a sawzall rental for $15.00.

All in Cdn pesos.

A little more noise but hardly noticeable.

3 and 4th gear chirps when shifting at 5700 rpm.

Next step will be for me to change out the muffler as they drop down to 1 3/4" ID.

Tim

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What would you Viper owners say is the best mods you've done to your cars for the least amount of $$$$$$$$.
I've done the K&N Filters and smooth tubes and I'm happy with the noticable improvement.
I've got 12,000 mile on my car and I'm on my second set of rear tires.
I think they are lasting too long! Need more power!
TJ

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed, Nitrous would be the best bang for the buck.. Go fast juice for cheap compared to other mods...

Gerald

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put in 3.73 gears if nitrous is not your thing. I had a 93 RT/10, raced 2 stock GTSs, you will stay with them up to 140 mph!!! It pulls way hard!!! 3.73 gears work well with gen1 motors...AL...00PROWLER...