Mopar Nationals Viper Invasion Aug 13-15th

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
daytonprowler;2871495 [SIZE=4 said:
VCA Ohio Region and the Mopar Nationals are donating $500 each to the Viper drag racing purse. [/SIZE]

Total $1000. :drive:

Now this has my interest. What is the deal with this? What are the classes? What kind of times won last year?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll run the drag racing on an index format as in the past. Indexes will be 10.00, 10,50, 11.00, 11.50 , 12.00 etc. We'll have an index for any performance level. Full tree. We'll have special awards for overall low ET and fastest car on OEM street tires (make sure you verify with me that your tires are OEM before you make a run) Time trials on Fri and Sat morning, elimintations around 3PM Sat. We'll pit out of the Viper tent and enter the staging lanes thru the gate at the head of staging,

Get your racing entry at the gate, get your car tech'd at the far end of the track, they put the numbers on and come to the Viper tent.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll run the drag racing on an index format as in the past. Indexes will be 10.00, 10,50, 11.00, 11.50 , 12.00 etc. We'll have an index for any performance level. Full tree. We'll have special awards for overall low ET and fastest car on OEM street tires (make sure you verify with me that your tires are OEM before you make a run) Time trials on Fri and Sat morning, elimintations around 3PM Sat. We'll pit out of the Viper tent and enter the staging lanes thru the gate at the head of staging,

Get your racing entry at the gate, get your car tech'd at the far end of the track, they put the numbers on and come to the Viper tent.

So how does that work if we ar running in the mid 8's to low 9's

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey BigBad You and a few others are in a class of your own. I would make the trip from Atlanta just to see an 8 second Viper in person.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love to see some 8 sec passes. Lee Saunders was there last year and ran in the 7s. Indexes are based on half second. We'll make an index for any performance level. You want an 8.50 index, that is what we'll handicap you at. You'll spot your competition the difference from your index to theirs. Alway on a half second, no dial ins!

PS2s are OEM replacements for older Vipers and are eligible for Low ET on Street tires.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is how I see the purse pay out for drag racing.
$500 Winner
$250 RU
$150 Low ET Overall
$100 Low ET on OEM street tires

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is how I see the purse pay out.
$500 Winner
$250 RU
$150 Low ET Overall
$100 Low ET on OEM street tires

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers Invade Mopar Nationals
SATURDAY ITINERARY
VIPER and VIPER TRUCK SHOW and SHINE
11:00AM - 5:00PM
Viper Pit and Tent
Judging starts at 1:00PM
Make sure you have your information card filled out and on your windshield or dashboard. Pick up your information card at Sam's motorhome.
Classes:
GEN1-2 1st, 2nd, 3rd
GEN3-4 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Viper Truck 1st, 2nd, 3rd

VIPER DRAG RACING
ALL DAY
See Paul Suloff - VCA Ohio Director of Drag Racing

LUNCH- FREE, courtesy of VCA Ohio Region.
12:00 NOON
Jeg's Suite in the Tower
50/50 Drawing - proceeds to benefit Jeg's Children's Cancer Foundation
You must have a wristband to get into the suite. Wristbands can be obtained from Sam, Terry, Bob, or Kevan.

DINNER - AWARDS - AUCTION - 50/50 DRAWING
5:00PM
Jeg's Suite in the Tower
Awards Presentation - Viper and Viper Truck Show and Shine Classes, Viper Drag Racing , ******'s Award
Auction
50/50 drawing - proceeds to benefit Jeg's Children's Cancer Foundation
$10 donation to help subsidize the catered dinner.
Dinner tickets can be obtained from Sam, Terry, Bob, or Kevan.

VIPER and VIPER TRUCK CRUISE to HEATH, OHIO
"AFTER DINNER"
Cruise to Heath - leaving from the Viper Pit Area and Tent.

We'll show everyone that the Viper is "ALIVE and WELL".

This will be a great photo op for the magazines and newspapers to see all the Vipers and Viper Trucks cruising into Heath together.:drive:
Lead Viper - Terry Bosserman

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished the "Viper Pit" banner for the tent! Will see a few of you at ******* on Thursday night and hopefully the rest on Friday Saturday and/or Sunday. Weather looks clear and HOT for Saturday! May be a pop-up shower on Friday and Sunday.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count two Ga boys in. Chad and I are leaving in the morning. Hebleft his fast red car home and we are bringing my fast red car instead.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I will be able to make it. Got a call as they were loading it up that the tranny is leaking somewhere.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count two Ga boys in. Chad and I are leaving in the morning. Hebleft his fast red car home and we are bringing my fast red car instead.

Road trip! It'll be good to see you crazy GA guys again... even if you are bringing a red car.

I hope Chad brings a coat so he doesn't freeze in your car. :rolaugh::lmao:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not right! Chad you dummy! Of all the years you choose to come you choose THIS year? I am HURT! I have only missed two in the last 18 years, and you choose this year! :mad::slap::spank:

You butt! :lmao:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not right! Chad you dummy! Of all the years you choose to come you choose THIS year? I am HURT! I have only missed two in the last 18 years, and you choose this year! :mad::slap::spank:

You butt! :lmao:

You are so clueless! The reason I chose this year ws based solely on the fact that you weren't going! I can tolerate you and your V8 brother Stretch in a 1 on 1 scenario, but wouldnt even want to try dealing with both you yellow people together! :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so clueless! The reason I chose this year ws based solely on the fact that you weren't going! I can tolerate you and your V8 brother Stretch in a 1 on 1 scenario, but wouldnt even want to try dealing with both you yellow people together! :D

What is THAT! A grammar issue? :omg:

You know you would go down then! You would melt and become the yellow love you are. I can see it now. RealV10Speedlovr! :rolaugh:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ohio VCA for all your hospitality. You guys really made the trip a memorable one for me. I had a blast this weekend. Dion

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like express my sincere gratitude to all the Vipers and Viper Truck owners that showed up for this "Vipers Invade the Mopar Nationals".

Members came from as far as Florida and New York and everywhere in between.

A very big THANK YOU goes out to the following people that made this event and all of our VCA Ohio events top notch.

Sam Goldfarb - Director of Merchandising

Terry Bosserman - Director/Past President

Janey White - Treasurer/Secretary

Bill White - Director of Membership

Paul Suloff - Director of Drag Racing

Bob Bierman - VCA Ohio Vice President

Kevan Geier - Associate Member - Viper Truck liaison

Bill Tyson - "The Honorable Bill Tyson" Viper Show Car Judge

Tim Wilson - Wilson Printing and Graphics and Brennan Loft Catering "Official Printer and Caterer" of the VCA Ohio Region

Jim Bielenda - Mopar Nationals

Todd Iden - Jegs Automotive Inc.

Jason Mattinson - VCA IN/KY Region - ******'s liaison

It's working with people like these that makes being President of this club a true joy.

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Thank you,
Randall Arnold
President VCA Ohio Region

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You for a GREAT day!! Time seemed to fly and before we knew it, it was time to go :( Well organized and treated first class. Thank you to everyone who made it all happen. :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ohio VCA for all your hospitality. You guys really made the trip a memorable one for me. I had a blast this weekend. Dion

I would just like to echo what Dion said! The OH-VCA is a great group of people and put on a great event! Thanks guys!

Special thanks to Kevan for the ride in his SRT-10 truck on Friday night to check out the cruising/burnout scene on Heath Rd!

I'll post my photos tomorrow

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten