mostly Stock Dyno Results

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 04 srt on the Dyno today and my results are rwhp 443.89 rwt 465.42 just running Corsa and K&N cold air. Anyone have any thoughts on these numbers? It seems that it is running a bit rich at 11.16 air/fuel mix so there is some work to be done there. Seems about right with the deduction of 15% from 510 hp Comments Please.......

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same mods & my #'s are in my sig, although FWIW the dyno shop forewarned that their dyno reads a bit low, but the range is about right, seems like yours would be a little low, but could just be how the dyno calc's the #'s. Did you happen to do a baseline before mods?

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I did not base line first. I wish I had but no dyno in town then. Just found this guy last week from Dodge dealer. he told me I could get about 20 more hp if I leaned it out to about 13 a/F. Meaning a flash I know there is more to get but, I don't want to go overboard if that was the case i would just go to paxton. thanks for your input. I guess these dynos are all a bit different.
Chris

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran mine on the DC Performance dyno about 3 months ago and pulled 454rwhp and 474rwtq with just a K&N filter on it. I have heard the engine in the 04s pull pretty hard. I had higher numbers than quiet a few others that were a lot more heavily modified than mine. To say the least I was very happy with my numbers.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get a reflash from DC Performance. I had same mods but removed cats and after dc flash I jumped up about 20 rwhp peak and gained about 40 in the midrange. Mim range.ne dipped down low 11's and into 10's, very rich, after i was at about 12.8-13.1 across the rp

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, are you running the 3" Corsa Track ore the 2.5" version that hooks up to the stock cats? The XP985 plugs might also add a couple of hp.

Since none of the cars were run on the same dyno, it could be variation in the dynos ... I know a tuner that says most of the stock SRTs that he's tested run between 435-440 rwhp bone stock -- on his dyno.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, are you running the 3" Corsa Track ore the 2.5" version that hooks up to the stock cats? The XP985 plugs might also add a couple of hp.

Since none of the cars were run on the same dyno, it could be variation in the dynos ... I know a tuner that says most of the stock SRTs that he's tested run between 435-440 rwhp bone stock -- on his dyno.
The Corsa track is the same just the inlet has the change I had the Rt cast and the 3" but I couldn't hear myself think, not that I do a lot of that. Jon B sent me a reducer so I could go back to my stock cats. The fitting was time consuming but the sound was great when I finished. I spoke with Dan at DC and sent him my Dyno sheet. He told me that most stock Vipers come in about 425 RWHP. I will see what he thinks and let you know how the reflash works out. I just don't get the numbers that get posted here when I compare it to mine Mike was getting 508 RWHP with just some minor mods. I know dynos are not all equal but a 510 hp engine getting 508 at the wheels very nice. As for plugs I just installed Autolite Fusion plugs pricy but they seem to perk it up some.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Corsa track is the same just the inlet has the change I had the Rt cast and the 3" but I couldn't hear myself think, not that I do a lot of that. Jon B sent me a reducer so I could go back to my stock cats. The fitting was time consuming but the sound was great when I finished. I spoke with Dan at DC and sent him my Dyno sheet. He told me that most stock Vipers come in about 425 RWHP. I will see what he thinks and let you know how the reflash works out. I just don't get the numbers that get posted here when I compare it to mine Mike was getting 508 RWHP with just some minor mods. I know dynos are not all equal but a 510 hp engine getting 508 at the wheels very nice. As for plugs I just installed Autolite Fusion plugs pricy but they seem to perk it up some.

My 508 rwhp, is still what I consider minor mods, but I may have more then you think.
I have M&M Headers, NO cats(Big power difference on dyno) Corsa exhaust, green filters, UD pulley, X-metal TB, XP985 plugs, DC Performance Flash. The power has slowly, creeped up, from mid 400's , I wathced it hit 468, 487,496 and now 508 rwhp. Every car is different and every dyno is different, but as you add the basic mods i listed, you will definately see power gains.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 508 rwhp, is still what I consider minor mods, but I may have more then you think.
I have M&M Headers, NO cats(Big power difference on dyno) Corsa exhaust, green filters, UD pulley, X-metal TB, XP985 plugs, DC Performance Flash. The power has slowly, creeped up, from mid 400's , I wathced it hit 468, 487,496 and now 508 rwhp. Every car is different and every dyno is different, but as you add the basic mods i listed, you will definately see power gains.
That car must roar... cool What is a UD pully? I was thinking of the TB did you feel any difference? I am going to get it flashed for sure thats the main thing I think. There is a lot to gain there. no cats I guess no smog certificate. Were you in Danville in August?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That car must roar... cool What is a UD pully? I was thinking of the TB did you feel any difference? I am going to get it flashed for sure thats the main thing I think. There is a lot to gain there. no cats I guess no smog certificate. Were you in Danville in August?

Aftermarket Underdrive crank pulley is smaller then stock and a little lighter. Reqiures new belt. 20 minute install, better throttle response, quicker revving in my opinion. I did that and TB at same time and dyno'd I beleive a extra 7 rwhp. Then headers added about 12 rwhp.

And I have been in Danville a few times, but I wasnt at Hot August nights. Im mostly always roaming San Jose area.:drive:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets