Moton canister pressures

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could anyone give me the canister pressures they run on the Motons (mine are 3 way)as a starting point? I was told 190 psi by someone but everyone seems to hold this as some dark secret that if let out will allow my car to plummet them on the track...as if I could actually drive that well. LOL. And while we are at it, looking at advice on ride height...I am guessing between 2.5 and 3.0 inches but could once again use someones advice here. I run primarily Infineon and Thunderhill here in CA...with some Willow Springs thrown in for fun.Thanks! Brian

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only others that read this forum are Comp Coupe model builders that try to sell their models.

Nick Majors

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In testing we have run canisters at various pressures, as low as 90 and as high as 275. The car's suspension seems to react best to the higher numbers. We made this change (increasing canister pressure) based on data acquisition results, after upgrading to the Advanced Pro Motec Software.

We also vary the ride height dependent upon which track we are running. Using the hi-tech "twist tie on the shock" technique - we setup as low as possible without bottoming out.

(and yes, others read this forum - just our racing season ends early up here in Canada)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R