Mr.Clean AutoDry Carwash

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't used the Mr. Clean system, but I've read a few posts about it on autopia.org. The consensus seems to be that the mineral-filtering does help a little in the quest for spot-free drying, but if you're picky at all, I doubt that you'll be completely happy.

If your new Viper is well-waxed or well-Zainoed, the easiest way is to use an electric leaf blower to blow the car dry after rinsing, and then give it a quick once-over with a "quick-detail" product. (I used to be in the "drive real fast right after washing, and call it good" school of thought, but I just can't do that with the GTS.)

By the way, your recent post on your first drive was excellent.

(The mods will likely move this post to the Detailing section. That Forum isn't used much yet, but I think that the mods are making an effort to get these posts all collected over there.)

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use it on a black car that I dry in the sun and it leaves no spots and normally my water would. For the final rinse I just use the filtered water from the Mr. Clean system and completely and totally mist the vehicle displacing all the "regular" water with the filtered water and it works.

I'll warn you that the filter restricts the flow quite a bit so you kind of feel like your painting the car with a small spray gun, so it takes a bit of time but it does work and I don't bother drying my other cars. I still dry the windows and spots that gather water on the Viper, but it isn't a race against time like it used to be to make sure no mineral spots showed up. If I'm slow getting to a spot it isn't like it really matters.

I use it on all my cars, but the black car is the most vivid example of how it really leaves no spots.

OP
OP
K

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. Thanks guys. I am going to try it. Hopefully I didn't anger the mods (I DID say I was washing a GTS :), this is the best section to get good answers fast.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the Mr. Clean system on my Stealth and it works good. The liquid soap they supply really gets the dirt off.

But I never wash my Viper. Washing makes swirl marks.

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will also agree, i use it and it works good but it is pretty slow to rinse the car with the filter...

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. Thanks guys. I am going to try it. Hopefully I didn't anger the mods (I DID say I was washing a GTS :), this is the best section to get good answers fast.

WEAK....That is just WEAK!!!!! :D :D :D :D

But ok, this one can slide. I do recommend putting stuff like this in the newly created "detailing tips and tricks" forum that was created just for posts like this.

OP
OP
K

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WEAK....That is just WEAK!!!!! :D :D :D :D

But ok, this one can slide. I do recommend putting stuff like this in the newly created "detailing tips and tricks" forum that was created just for posts like this.

Hey....I let you keep up my embarrassing post about the fender cover....I say were even!!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a very picky detailer when it comes to my cars. CR Spotless is the way to go. The system is phenomenal.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll use the Mr Clean to WASH other vehicles(truck, jeep,M/H) but not the Viper. It washes too good by stripping the wax off, but the rinse works great.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet to hear a good review of the Mr Clean system. And, you must use their soap for it to work properly...and it cuts wax.

I too use a CR Spotless system and cannot imagine being without it now.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Clean does strip the wax and also something in their formula I have found causes some detail sprays to leave behind streaks and residue...just talking from experience.

But if you don't wax your car and you don't use certain detail sprays in between washes...then your good to go :)

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Meguiar's soaps in my Mr. Clean. No problems yet, and I always flush it out with water afterwards. You don't "HAVE" to use their soap in it, but the soap is designed to be deluted at the right ratio for that sprayer, others might not be. I just use the soap part as a pre-soak anyways, then use the normal two-bucket wash method, and use the filtered water to finish it off.

OP
OP
K

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spent 4 hours detailing the car this afternoon (forgot to bring camara). I used the Mr. Clean system and took the advice of not using their soap (you don't have to use it). I used meguiar's soap and then just used the filtration system part of the Mr. Clean.

I still dried the car a bit in difficult areas but I must say, I'll use this product again. It prepares the paint very well for waxing. I was impressed. The filter that comes with the package is good for 3 washes. Not sure how much the filters are on their own. Hopefully, it will not be like Gilette who gives you the razor cheap and the razors are a fortune.

Anyway...thumbs up on Mr.Clean carwash (Just don't use their soap).

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kmrumedy....$4 to $5 each for the filters. They come in a two-pack for around $9 - $10.

Depending on the hardness and TDS of your water...they will last less time.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is by far the best car washing innovation I've ever used. I use the bucket method as well. If it didn't work for you, your not using it right.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The filter that came with the system didnt last long, but the "refill" filters seem to last about twice as long. I don't know if the first one is a sample, or what the deal is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave