Must be time for a new forum or bring the family back together?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or will the VCA wait until the Gen IV comes out to separate us further from one another.One Nation? Nope more like a group of states.Add gen 3.5 forum?Separate gen I from II while at it?My vote is one forum for all Vipers.Many from then Gen 3 and soon 3.5 have prior experience with the other gen cars that is helpful and interesting.Many that can have multiple generations of cars.Its time to bring us back together under one family. GTS Bruce

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll second that. Even though I am a newbie I think owners of all generations should gather in one place.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but then that means less seperate forums to sell ad space and less sponsors of forums... as with many things, the considerations are financial.

Those that aren't happy and create their own web presence don't do any better, if not much worse.

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just counted I think correctly and there are 18 forums that need sponsors.Shifting 1 or 2 shouldn't be a problem nor would a forum with multiple sponsors. How about a vote in the members only section! GTS Bruce

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you want one big forum to talk about tech related issues? Each gen has their own issues that probably no one else would want to see. I have a GenII and I'm really not interested in the problems that Gen III's or IV have.

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see your point.So why are gen 1 mixed with gen 2 and all gen's mixed together in some forums like performance,tires,new products..?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you want one big forum to talk about tech related issues? Each gen has their own issues that probably no one else would want to see. I have a GenII and I'm really not interested in the problems that Gen III's or IV have.

I think that's the wrong approach. If you own a gen 2 and could not care less about gen3 or vice versa, then maybe you should go start www.gen2viperclub.com. The VIPER club should be about vipers of all gens. I mean, the why not a seperate vert vs couple forum? As a coupe owner I hate reading about tonneau covers and toupee hard tops. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, as a gen2 owner, I enjoy keeping up (and down in case of gen1) with the other gens... in case I might get one sooner or later.

Doesn't matter though... all this falls on deaf ears.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering why the new car isn't a new generation. Still
the Gen3/3.5 should still be kept together. The differences
are too subtle to make a whole new forum and veteren SRT
owners can still contribute a whole lot to the newbies. There's
no reason for Gen1/2 owners to mix in with the Gen3/3.5 owners
in technical discussion because there is very little in common
with the cars.

Now if the GenIV SrTL is a radical departure from the S2oooRT
it should have its own forum.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All vipers used to be together on the same forum, but the posters did not play nice.

All you heard was. "My car is fantastic, and your car *****."

So many people were so divisive that the seperate forums became necessary.

Many people on these forums, unfortunately, have such strong feeling about their own Vipers, that they often show no respect for others choices.

I have been in and driven all models Vipers. From the early 400 hp RT/10s to the latest SRTs. They all share a common DNA that binds them all together with the glue of torque and common frame. They all provide a similar experience.

Some are faster than others, some look fantastic in a different way, and others have a more modern sophistication. They are all Vipers under the skin, and bring together the Viper Nation.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think that's the wrong approach. If you own a gen 2 and could not care less about gen3 or vice versa, then maybe you should go start www.gen2viperclub.com. The VIPER club should be about vipers of all gens. I mean, the why not a seperate vert vs couple forum? As a coupe owner I hate reading about tonneau covers and toupee hard tops. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, as a gen2 owner, I enjoy keeping up (and down in case of gen1) with the other gens... in case I might get one sooner or later.

Doesn't matter though... all this falls on deaf ears.

i'm sorry, did you say something?

:D

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that I don't like to read about other Gen's it's that I'm not interested in them. Why would I want to read about another car I'm not particularly interested in???

Should I be forced to sift through a hundred topics that have no effect on me just to find one that pertains to me?

I don't have anything against the other cars. They're all great cars but I have very little in common with them. You can swing one way and I'll swing the other. Not that there's anything wrong with that... :)

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree with Bonkers --"the differences are too subtle " and therein lies the disappointment for me. Was expecting ( after a year off so to speak ) a much different look. The updated mechanics are great but no "wow" factor.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What does a gen 1 car have in common with a gen 2
car?Frame nope,engine,nope,suspension nope..... Bruce

Only the body, interior, glass, a lot of the electronics,
brakes, wheels, some exhaust peices, some engine components,
lights, gauges, aftermarket supplies, tuner supplies, and even
the keys.

Now to re-direct, what does the gen3 have in common with ANY
of the previous vipers?

Despite my lack of feelings for the SRT I personally have not
seen any hard feelings between any of the owners outside of
the board. Alot of big talkers here online, but at events we
all seem to get along great and have a good time. From a
strickly technical standpoint there is no need for
Gen1/2 owners to mingle with Gen3/3.5 - there isn't enough in
common between the vehicles to even have a two way conversation
(unless you get into the beauty/performance ******* match which
is 99.999999% opinion anyway and shouldn't be in the technical
sections.)

Gen1/2 guys help each other out all the time - personaly I can
easily change the spark plugs in a Gen1 but don't even know
where to start on swapping the blubs out of an SRT headlight.
Conversely I'm sure there are Gen3 owners who can swap out the
rearend on an SRT in ten minutes but would have a real fun time
re-mounting the side sills on a Gen2. I think SRT guys will be
all over the 3.5 the same way.

The Gen1 and Gen 2 share an aweful lot.
The Gen3 and Gen3.5 also share quite a bit.
When (if) the Gen4 arrives we can discuss adding a new forum.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will vote for keeping this format. There is less difference in the gen 3 & "gen 31/2" than between gen 1 & 2 so should be included in the gen 3 forum. For those ?'s that all the cars have in common we have the general discussion forum. There is always more activity on forums associated w/ new cars so we could expect that the gen 3 forum will be busier than the gen 1 & 2 forum in the near future. There is enough volume even now to keep the gen 1 & 2 forum seperate.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than this past week because of the 08 announcement, the gen1-2 forums generally gets more postings I believe. The General section is pretty useless.

If you really HATE reading something not specific to your gen, color, coupe/ragtop, and NA/SC/TT, then nothing will ever make you happy. For finicky readers like that, I'd still go for one forum, and just have the post topics get labled as such.

As it currently is... it wouldn't be so bad if the navigation of the website was done right. It's amatuer at best, but hey, I've been saying that for years now.