MXX3s 335x17

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two Pilot Mxx3s, 335x17, purchased from Jon B. Never mounted.
They are brand new. I also have two Mxx3 275x17s for the front. Just slightly worn.
I'd like to sell all four here in south florida, where I live.

My 97 GTS is history.

If anyone is interested, let me know. You can also call me at 954-270-5193.

OP
OP
R

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hate to say this, but I totaled it. After five years of excellent care. Never raced.

At a lousy 45 mph on wet pavement, I spun and hit the guardrail. Enough speed to crack the hood and front bumper....$26K. Plus bent the two front frame rails....another $12K. $38K for three components!!! Not including labor and painting. Some other damage also....probably would've cost $60K to repair.

I wanted to repair it. But GEICO totaled it. I couldn't
f-in believe it. Never thought that would happen to me.

These cars are so expensive to repair, that any slight crack-up could total it. I mean, $26K for just hood and bumper?? You could buy a whole car for that!!

Anyway, looking for an untitled 02 or 01 RT/10.

Be very careful gentlemen, especially on wet roads.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the accident. That sounds like my first/only accident. Luckily I hydroplaned into a guys rear bumper at a 5 mph difference; otherwise I may have gone into head on traffic, anywhere from 60-70 mph difference.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like too much $. I had my Viper repaired (New hood, new fascia, new headlights, new radiator support, 4 new tires, all wheels refinished, paint 3/4 for 26k$. 20 mph side swipe so no frame damage. Still it would have been 45k$ at least. Sorry to hear about your accident.

OP
OP
R

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all.....I'm having difficulty posting. Guess I don't understand the new methods, but when I put the curser on "reply" or new post, nothing happens.

Anyway, I just purchased a new 02 RT/10 ,,, yellow.

For those who are interested, the 335's are $249 each. The 275's have about 60-70% rubber, and I'll throw those in.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good price. Be sure to post in the classifieds. A lot of the road racers prefer the MXX3's to the Sports.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I really hate to say this, but I totaled it. After five years of excellent care. Never raced.....At a lousy 45 mph on wet pavement, I spun and hit the guardrail. Anyway, looking for an untitled 02 or 01 RT/10....Be very careful gentlemen, especially on wet roads.

Bob, Thanks for the tires back and the wrecked-organ donor.

Ironically, the new tires sitting in the garage would probably have prevented the loss of control...........

OWNERS NOTE: MXX-3s, used up and heat-cycled, offer little traction margins of safety. 1992-1995 used, numerous-heat-cycled XGT-Zs are even worse, and HARD as rocks. Little control, little safety margin compared to new rubber. Scary to drive, as I discovered last week. I took off a set of great rubber, to "restore" my 92 with new-looking-but-used XGT-Zs and almost lost it on the way home, hot and dry. Scary. Correctly stored NEW TIRES, never used (heat cycled,) are just fine for many years.

Further: BFG DRAG RADIALS ON REAR? DRIVE CAREFULLY! They may be DOT, but NOT intended for safe mixing with Sports or others in high-performance road use. The mismatch is Scary-Baaad, as reported by 2 customers.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Further: BFG DRAG RADIALS ON REAR? DRIVE CAREFULLY! They may be DOT, but NOT intended for safe mixing with Sports or others in high-performance road use. The mismatch is Scary-Baaad, as reported by 2 customers.
Oh great, I just bought a set of BFG's. Please tell us more about what to expect???? What tires should be used on the fronts with them?

Thanks ahead,
Lou

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine