My 2010 threw a U0001 code ... why?

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vehicle is a 2010 ACR. I got in tonight and the CEL lit on startup. I pulled the code, and it was U0001 (module communication error). I cleared it and it hasn't come back yet after a half dozen starts. Car subsequently ran fine, didn't appear to be experiencing any module comm issues, and all real-time monitored ECU/sensor data was normal.

I did have an OBDLink MX high speed bluetooth OBD adapter plugged in when the code was thrown. One of the features of the adapter is a battery saver feature that puts the adapter into sleep mode so it doesn't drain the battery. My PC was not on (or paired) at the time. I, of course, suspect that the OBD adapter caused the code, but want to be sure I don't have anything else to look into or worry about.

Has anybody else seen this code on the Gen IV? Are there any known/probable causes for it? btw, no other codes were thrown, and this is the first time in 4500 miles that I've seen this code. Anybody else thrown a U0001 in a Viper while accessing the OBD port?

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update: I noticed that new firmware for the OBD adapter was recently released. The changelog includes the following, so hopefully this resolves my issue ...

v3.3.1 - 2012/10/16
-------------------

- BUG: STPTO command was not being recognized
- BUG: Modem could get reset without gracefully dropping the connection on first startup after FW update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery