My ACR nosecam vid from Sebring

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a video from the nose of my ACR (me driving, of course) at Sebring during Winterfest '10. Enjoy!

PS-Skip to 2 minute mark for the start (sry, not edited yet). Jim :usa:

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/8828703[/media].

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video! Did anything on the track give a run or did you pass everything?
Um, now that I think about it, I don't think I was passed all weekend... until that session when I let those IMSA cars go past because I was getting bored and wanted to get some video of them. It was cool watching them in my mirrors but cooler watching them from behind. They were faster anyway...I think...or should have been...I suspect that was a training session for the second car. The ACR just eats up all the Posha's (GT3's were everywhere, and a few Carrera Cups) and Vettes (although to be honest, there were no really well prepped and well driven Vettes there-one 650 RWHP C6R that must have had a newbie behind the wheel because I passed him on the first straight and never saw him again until I came around to lap him).

If you think I was fast, you should have seen Tommy behind the wheel! Spectacularly smooth, amazingly quick hands, awesome feel for the track and brakes, and just scary fast. He was coaching me, and deserves all the credit for my speed at the end of the weekend. I had a hard time learning this track until he jumped in and showed me how it was done. ;)

It is an awesome track, just takes a while to learn all the idiosyncrocies. I don't think its been resurfaced in 50 years, and there are huge depressions in some of the corners, very bumpy patches, etc etc that are not apparent in videos. There is one corner where you can use the big bowl shaped depression to kind of bank your way through and out, but if you are a bit wide, early or late to apex, the thing will try to catapault you off the course.

Last edited: