My Little Detail Polisher

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keeping the stainless steel pipes on my bike polished was always a chore until I decided to wrap a sock around the head of my old Craftsman detail sander. Works very well especially in tight spaces where no other polisher dare go. So today I tried it on my rockerbox (ooops, 'valve') cover. All in all about 5 minutes work and I think it did a decent job.

You must be registered for see images attach
[

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice one! Make sure the bit you're using doesn't wear through the sock. I would definitely use an old microfiber towel over a sock as the microfiber won't leave any microscratches.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, the Mother's Powerball works excellent for shining up the exhaust. A little pricey though.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, the Mother's Powerball works excellent for shining up the exhaust. A little pricey though.
I have the mini Powerball and it works well for the areas it can reach. It is a bit messier though. If I had uncoated aluminum wheels, it would be the ticket though. I do like the uncoated look, but they have a very high maintenance tax!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is strange to me..... I have never seen this little circle around an emblem before?? I had a gen 1 and it didn't have that. Are those glued on??

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a stick on. Maybe someone forgot to grind the insert edges after the cover was cast?