My srt just got some new 18 inch drag radials kinda (pics)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all

I was tired of people talking smack about vipers so I set up a race against a worked svt mustang (one of my best friends). I wanted to make a statement about how bad he would be beat so I ordered these bad boys from tire rack. There were none around, when I told them I was part of the viper club Luke (with tirerack srt car,see pic) pulled some stings and they helped me out right away. Special thanks to tire rack and Luke. Needless to say we thought that we could get away with just grinding down the ebrake bracket but that wasn't the case. In the end I had to race on my runflats and no juice. About 11.5 sec later I had a check in my hands with a memo that says d beat Brian .... I had the check enlarged and framed so when Brian comes over he can see it in my trophy room. ;) he got beat by 3 car lengths

We ordered a kit from archer racing to work with the ssr's will post more pics after they go on the srt.

Here is a pic of Lukes tire rack car
6400srt10_with_wing_and_splitter-med.jpg

These are my steam rollers!
6400IMGP2335-med.JPG

6400IMGP2347-med.JPG

6400IMGP2339-med.JPG

vd..

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a GREAT setup! Speedstars, and BFG Drags! :2tu:

Lightweight, and sticky!

Just make sure you don't get caught in the Rain with those suckers on!

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have misunderstood (like that's never happened to me before :D ...) but can 18" RT/10 - GTS wheels fit the SRT's for drag racing/drag-radial purposes? I was told they'd fit right on but I'd be apprehensive about modding the e-brake just for the occasional quarter-mile run.

Or is there possibly an aftermarket 18"-er that'll fit over the e-brake caliper? I bet that'd be a quick-selling wheel for any aftermarket company (hint, hint).

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but as for now the only way to get a good drag redial is to do what I am doing (19 inchers don't come in a drag radial)

vd..

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but as for now the only way to get a good drag redial is to do what I am doing (19 inchers don't come in a drag radial)

vd..

--------------------
I have not found one. :( If someone does please post. :2tu:

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vd..

what are you doing regarding DR's? :confused:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but with the new Corvettes coming with 19 inch rears, I'll bet we have 19-inch drag radials very soon. I'll go for a set. Questions is, which wheels (light / strong)?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but with the new Corvettes coming with 19 inch rears, I'll bet we have 19-inch drag radials very soon. I'll go for a set. Questions is, which wheels (light / strong)?

If you must go 19", have at it. But the wheels Viper D has (speedstar), are extremely light! They should work great for a DR setup. I think the wheels only weigh 19lbs or so, compared to 32lbs for the stock wheels. :2tu:

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What wing and splitter are on Luke's car in the picture above? Are those the new Mopar carbon fiber parts?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 345/30-18 BFG g-force DRs on CCW 18x13" rear race wheels - light, cheap, and they fit on our SRT/10. I run fairly consistent 11.6 - 11.7 with this setup, and only that slow because I don't yet have a line lock to get the DRs warmed up before the launch.

BUT

To make them fit you must
(a) replace the rear wheel studs [I used ARPs]
(b) machine down the very edge of the e-brake cable pivot point (I used my Dremel).

Give John Purner a call, he'll set you up with a proper package el-cheapo.

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks :2tu: I've been wondering what people were doing to get drag radials on their SRT's :confused:

you mentioned replacing the rear-wheel studs, is that for added strength or is it functionally necessary for the 18" wheels? not that it's a big deal to change them, just wondering.

thanks again for the setup advice. :cool:

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a kit from archer racing that requires no studs or spacers (it relocates the e brakes ) but have not received it yet will post more info after the install.

vd..

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper D,
I have been pulling the e brake cables off while racing...I just zip tie the cables out of the way and reinstall them afterwards. Let me know how the Archer package works out. We have the same wheel and tire combo. I have tried grinding the e brake cable brackets down to the cable and it still touched the inside of the wheel. Your car should fly with those tires, we ran 10.89 @ 133 on pilots with ours and broke the rear end. I built another rear end and my customer broke it again on the street before we could get to the track again. We have a Quaife on the way and I am putting a novi 2000 plus the spray on it as we speak. I didn't think about trying a set of ACR wheels, I didn't think they would be any different that the CCWs. Anyway, keep in touch.
Thanks,
Joe

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Joe

I am still waiting(for archers relocaton kit) but my car might be laid up for a bit due to the fact Of my paxton blower comming in soon. ;)

will post pics soon

vd..

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just so everybody knows .... the picture of the SRT10 at the top of the page was the Mopar entry into the 2004 1-lap of America and all of the entries had to wear the "Tire Rack" banner on the windshield so, yes the wing and splitter are official Mopar parts

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Omg after what should of been a two day trunaround, turned into a two week delay from archer racing I finally got the brackets for the ebrakes.

here are the pics
6400IMG_2885-med.JPG

6400IMG_2886-med.JPG

vd..

Dash Riprock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Super VD

I think the new toy needs to make an appearance at one of the V10 Nationals next year, to give the gen 1 & 2 crowd something to talk about. I'll volunteer to be part of the pit crew. I'll open the bottles of champagne when you take the trophy home. :headbang:

Dash
2004 SRT-10

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Super VD

I think the new toy needs to make an appearance at one of the V10 Nationals next year, to give the gen 1 & 2 crowd something to talk about. I'll volunteer to be part of the pit crew. I'll open the bottles of champagne when you take the trophy home. :headbang:

Dash
2004 SRT-10

Thanks Dash

I still have alot to do on the srt to make it worthy of a formal appearance. But you never know. Hope the motor build goes smooth this winter. I already have the blower and n2o. (just needs some dyno time now)

Its so hard to go to the track b/c i keep getting kicked off, due to no cage. I could also use more track time.
vd..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss