My Tunr for the "I just got PS2's and like wow!" thread!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got PS2's mounted last Friday at Viper Specialty. Like wow Scoobs! The tires are like, amazing!:nana:

Really, as everyone else said:rolleyes:, these really are worth the money. Handling is not even close to what the Pirellis were, stopping is amazing, accel grip is no longer jumpy wheel hop..... just amazing!

I got 335/35/20 rears and 295/30/20's front. (gotta double check the front, for some reason I am second guessing myself:dunno:)

Message to those who have not done it: Do it!

Note: I have to say I never fully understood how much of a differance tires made until they were installed and I did a bit of spirited driving!:omg: Like wow!:yay:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slam it into a sharp corner... to really see the difference (of course, never exceeding the legal limit)!!!

Yeah, that's what I do.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did 72 on a hair-pin last Sat at Putnam Park on them and they stuck like glue:)

congrats on one of the smartest upgrades you did to your Viper and for FUN FACTOR hahaa!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a match for my nearly new Yokohama's on the front!!!:2tu:They were on the car when I bought it.:(
I was told since there were no Yokohama's made for the rear of a Viper there was no tire to match. Was told there would probably be high speed vibration. Well, maybe at "high" speeds, but I do know my PS 2's feel better at 130 MPH than they do at 30 MPH....no vibration....no wobble....like riding on air.:lmao:
I went into a 25 MPH clover leaf at 50 and came out at 65 MPH still glued to the road.:headbang:
Like you all say, "Like Wow!"

I also got some more tuning on my new engine.....so anyone close to Red Deer up for a cruise??:D:D

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just got my PS2's put on today at Chucks,, i had to jump in and say,,YES much smother ride,,waiting for dry'r roads to test some speed out,, but so far ,,,great,,, thanks Chuck

:usa::usa::usa:

03 vert

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get my PS2's installed on Thursday, a road trip on Sunday then off to the Track Monday :drive:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just want to mention a few Michelin rebates that apparently not a lot of people know about. There's once called "Friends of Michelin", where you can get $60 back off a set of 4 tires purchased between 03/16 - 10/31/2009. You have to call Michelin and request the form. I just did and they're sending it to me.

There are various other rebates, too. Here's the link for the phone # and more details. Michelin $60 Rebate

While I'm here I just want to say what a difference in handing there is with my new PS2 tires versus my 11+ year old factory originals. No more fighting the car just driving down the road to determine who is boss. Thanks a million, JonB. :2tu:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff - Does it have to be purchased through a certain Michelin dealer or any??

The Michelin CS person I talked to didn't indicate if there was a participating dealer restriction on the "Friends of Michelin" rebate; he just asked when I purchased the tires and if I bought a complete set of 4. I know there was a Michelin rebate going on last month at various participating retailers but this is a different promotion.

I'll read the fine print when the rebate form arrives and post an update, hopefully next week.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff - Does it have to be purchased through a certain Michelin dealer or any??

Okay, I just received my Friends of Michelin $60 rebate form today. I looked at the fine print and I think I can get it. The form does say something about being a family member or friend of a Michelin employee, which I am not, but they still sent it to me. From what I gather anyone who has one of these official forms is considered to be a friend or family member. I'm going to send it in and see what happens. All it costs is a 44-cent stamp. Call that 1-800 # I posted a link to the other day and have them send you one.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys Ive been driving on my sports since I got the car in 2001, 18000 miles on em and its definately time to get a new set. I've been debating between kumho's and PS2's but Im in the market for a longer lasting all around performer that can drive in the wet if need be, so Im going with PS2's over kumho's.

My question is, my RT is terrible on the road right now, Im constantly having to fight it from following ruts or even just the camber of the road. Do the PS2's really make that much of a difference?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
motor602 I suggest a wheel alignment

My PS2s now have 19500miles on them and still have a ways to go before the tread detectors!!! YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. search RTTTTed and listen to the PS2s squeeling in the wet through puddles. Unbelievable wet traction! I have traction in 2nd gear now.

My PS1s only lasted about 9,000 miles and sucked in the rain.

Ted

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My question is, my RT is terrible on the road right now, Im constantly having to fight it from following ruts or even just the camber of the road. Do the PS2's really make that much of a difference?

I had over 19,500 miles on my original DOT code 1998 tires when I replaced them with new PS2 tires recently. The tread looked like it could go another 5,000 or more miles but the hockey puck hard rubber factor was evident.

Like you, mine was tracking left and right and I was always having to fight it to keep it in a straight line. The new tires from JonB solved that problem and it's a pleasure to drive. I don't know how well they work in wet conditions and I will never find out.

I'm still waiting for my Friends of Michelin $60 rebate check.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4