N E W C O U P E

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: N E W CO U P E

Just make it look more like the comp coupe and not a mongrel/hybrid SRT/GTS. The CC and GTSR concept are beautiful vehicles!!! This version of a coupe is butt ugly. And i agree thanks DC for letting VCA in on a early viewing, just(PLEASE) dont let the finished version of the street coupe look like THAT THING!!!

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: N E W C O U P E

First off... Thank you DC and Dodge for treating the VCA with the first look of this new beast. That was a real special treat to be part of another release before the public had a chance to see it.

I would like to make a few comments.

You had a winner with the looks of the Concept GTS/r and the Comp Coupe

If you could change anything... these would be my suggestions to make the new SRT-10 Coupe look more like it's brothers

More pronounced double bubble top or air scoop
Change the rear end to match the Comp Coupe exactly
Make the rear end and the fastback a bit longer
Larger hood scoop like the Comp Coupe
Make the car a bit wider

When can I take delivery? I have a special place in the Viper Pit for this new snake!

I agree 100%, If you can't make it as described above then I want to thank you very much for saving me alot of money by having no reason to purchase a new coupe. I'd rather keep my ACR.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yea, I'm dissapointed with the styling. I was going to buy a street CC model, but this doesn't blow you away like the GTS. They just saved me some money.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ok here's red #2
1828red_GTS2.jpg

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where does DC get their ideas when making the production version from the concept? Because I'm seriously having issues with this.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I agree with all the suggestions made by Black Mamba above....I have just one of my own....as much as I love the "classic" colour combo of blue with white stripes...how about offering something a little different the first year..like copper with black stripes!!
With all these changes..it would be the most fabulous street legal snake yet!! .......ah.....who am I kidding?! It IS anyways!! .
Sign me up!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The straight lines of the SRT on the front and classic curves of the GTS on the back? Who's in charge of design at Dodge these days? What happened to originality and "Dodge <font color="red">different</font>"?

Don't screw up. Just build this...
2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept1.jpg

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who's in charge of design at Dodge these days?

uh wasn't it some japanese dude who designed the S2000? or was it just some random japanese dude? well if it is or not I'm starting to notice a trend here.GM gets one of are guys,we get on of theirs.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The straight lines of the SRT on the front and classic curves of the GTS on the back? Who's in charge of design at Dodge these days? What happened to originality and "Dodge <font color="red">different</font>"?

It is such an easy decision! Make this car and it will not only SELL, it will dominate the minds on every car enthusiast! :2tu:

MILES42

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where does DC get their ideas when making the production version from the concept? Because I'm seriously having issues with this.

A lot of people not just on this Forum, but mutiple forums are saying that Dodge should have produced the Comp Coupe " AS IS " in regards to back end, the conclusion i have reached is that and I'm assuming the SRT-10 coupe will be lighter than the Roadster, that Dodge chopped off some of the rear over hang to make it lighter ?
With SRT-10 coupe being almost 10 inches shorter than GTS-R concept, maybe it will sell better in Europe :smirk: , like what Chevy did with the C6 ?
Or maybe Dodge is concerned about " Angle of Departure when backing up ? " :confused:

You must be registered for see images

Overall length : 184.1 in.

14side1.jpg

Maybe Shorter than Overall Length 175.6"

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At VOI, when looking at both cars, the backend of the concept is better looking than the Comp Coupe. The Comp is too blocky. From the back, it just doesn't look as good as the concept. However, I agree with some of Black Mamba. What I saw:

-- The concept back is too short --- looks chopped off. Needs to be extended.
-- I am dissappointed that the roof scoop and side fender vents are gone.
-- The double bubble is evident, but not as pronounced as the GTS. It's OK though.

Dodge stressed this is a concept and not final. Dodge listens, so there is time for change. I was very excited by the new coupe. I think most people that were there liked it. When it was unveiled, the crowd that pressed in to get a close look was amazing.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If memory serves.Reminds me of a cheetah.West coast 60's kit car chevy powered.Ugly as an RT-10 is with a toupee top. Bruce

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I'll respond. I LIKE the way my RT/10 looks with its toupee. I think the flat black gives the RT a "chopped" look, maybe a nostalgic look from the 50's. Remember the RT was designed to be the modern Cobra, not a grand touring car like the GTS. My wife still prefers the GTS though. Its great we get a choice in flavors.
But...back to the concept coupe.

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The GTSR or Comp Coupe design is way more appealing. Typical car company games. Show the public a real killer concept car ( GTSR ) than produce a watered down version. I'm excited to see we're closer to seeing a gen III coupe just a little disappointed at what they came up with. Didn't Metal Crafters to make the GTSR concept car ? Maybe we can lobby them to make a GTSR kit?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Other than the ride height (who screwed up that decision?) the car looks great! Some of you guys are very hard to please. The SRT-10 didn't look awesome in pictures, much better in person. This one will too. I like it.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the pics.

First impression is that while it looks okay, I am not blown away. In my humble opinion, they better put up some good hp numbers to add to it's appeal as well as stay ahead of the bowtie.

Comparing a genII GTS with this car stock for stock - I know the new car is faster, handles better and brakes better but in my opinion, the GenII GTS looks better. Power, brakes and handling can be fixed.

I think DC just saved me a bunch of money.

I have to agree, I expected the coupe to look more agressive like the CC. From the pictures I have seen it looks more like a Gen2 GTS then a Gen3 car. DC if your looking at the forums some people have said some good things...lower and extend the rear some, it would definitely help IMO.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

IMO, this looks like some Photoshop handy work. SRT front-end digitally mated to a Gen II GTS rear. This is not the car I've been anticipating. I've grown weary of talking about it hence my conspicuous absence from this bored. Yes, I know how to spell quite well.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks to me like they threw this car together as they were packing to go to VOI. It's like a bad Autoform butcher job. Not to bash Autoform, I have some of their parts, but it's like an aftermarket plastic glue-on patch job to an old GTS/SRT that went head-on and merged as one. I think the Borg can do a better job.

AC

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel the same as many on this car. It hopefully is not the 'done' version. The Comp Coupe is the concept style that is by far better looking. When you start 'rounding' the Viper too much it gets mixed in with Vettes, S2000's, and all the other 'soft' looking 'sports' cars. The Viper is the king of the road and needs to look like it. Your mom should never ask if it is the new vette.
I would like to see a poll, but I have to imagine that if it were this or the GTSR Comp Coupe concept that the latter would be a hands down, sold out everywhere, winner. I can also sadly imagine, this version of the coupe being in stock at the dealerships.....

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score

:confused:
I feel this concept looks strange with a cross between an SRT in the front with a GTS/hybrid in the rear. There are too many seam lines in the back, too busy looking. Get rid of the trunk lid that goes all the way to down to the bumper (if that's the intention of all those lines), don't need it, it makes it look like the current Mustang this way. Just make do with the rear glass lid opening. From the sideview, the rear doesn't have enough overhang to give a balanced look, someone even mentioned that it looked like a vintage Cheetah of the 60's. To give the new SRT coupe it's own unique distinction, DC should go back to the styling from the Comp Coupe or even more radical GTS-R concept of 2000.

By the way, I don't know how many folks know this, but the japanese designer who designed the SRT-10 is Osamu Shikado. Yes, he did come from Toyota, but he's also credited in the radical looking GTS-R Concept of 2000.
Osamu Shikado - SRT10
GTS-R Concept of 2000

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did a lot of photoshop work and posted the work over at the alley in the coupe section so if you guys get some time...head on over and take a look. I think by the responses...my idea of stretching the back of the car out about 4-5 inches makes all the difference. I also changed the colors/wheels too. The car looks down right mean in black and sapphire blue.

:2tu:

I would post the pics here but I have never been able to get that feature to work on this site. :confused:

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I keep hearing "it is growing on me". I feel the same way. But dam it, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GROW ON US!!!!

Did the first Viper have to grow on us? Either you loved it, or you hated it! (stole that line from a friend)

This Viper should be the same way. Actually all Vipers should be that way!

The GTS-R SHOULD Be the GEN III Coupe! PERIOD!

I was there. I saw the new one in person. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not what it could or should be.

I spoke at length with an SRT employee about the coupe. He seemed genuinely interested in my thoughts and ideas of the Gen III SRT and the new Gen III Coupe.

I got the feeling that he felt they missed the mark on the SRT, and he openly said what we saw as the Coupe is not what he had hoped it would be. He said there were many things that required compromise to make it practical. Like a trunk. I don't need no stinking trunk. My Viper does not need to be practical what-so-ever. It's a toy! It's not for my mother-in-law to use as a daily driver. I don't need an outside temp gauge, I don't need the feel of the road taken away, I don't need the trunk space, I don't need a garage door opener on my viser, I don't need a cup holder! If I would have chips, dips, and drinks in my Viper I sure as heck couldn't be enjoying it to the fullest!

When I drive my Viper I take it out for a few hours, drive it hard, clean it up and put it away. I want it loud, I want it fast, I want it to look EXOTIC.

Gen I and Gen II's are EXOTIC cars. The GTS-R is an EXOTIC car. Those look like NOTHING else on the road.

The new Coupe will grow on you. It's not terrible. I've seen worse. It's just not what the Viper/SRT Team needed to stay ahead of the game. The GTS-R however is, and it would keep the Dodge Viper in a leauge of it's own. Exotic and Wild as the Diablo's, the Mercilago's (SP?), the F-355's, the Tesstarossa's, etc... and all at a much more reasonable price point. Not to mention that it will outperform most all of them.

I did ask the SRT guy about the HP. I said you are sand bagging just like Ford did on the Ford GT. You will wait until the last second and then tell us it's 650HP right? He just said, "Don't set yourself up for disappointment."

BUILD THE GTS-R! DON'T CHANGE A THING ON THE OUTSIDE! PUT A 650HP HEART IN THAT BEAST AND DODGE WILL LIVE ON FOREVER AS THE KING OF ALL STREET CARS!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456