NARRA At The Circuit Of The Americas In 2013??

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it happens as they will have to rent the track to many events/clubs to help pay for it. I can see a BIG possibility of VOI there too.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it really worth twice the normal price? I can see that the guys that have the transporters and support crews would want to be able to race this track; but, I suspect that the lower tier folks that used to be the Viper Days HPDE enthusiasts would probably pass on this. Now, if they would do Laguna Seca and have an unlimited sound weekend event, I would certainly pay and travel for that !

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you. The HPDE events are worth the money at the current price but not double. I can't imagine the real race guys and time trialers would pay double either. NARRA certainly goes to world class tracks now and you can attend at a reasonable price. Now if they ever could rent the SPA track...

Is it really worth twice the normal price? I can see that the guys that have the transporters and support crews would want to be able to race this track; but, I suspect that the lower tier folks that used to be the Viper Days HPDE enthusiasts would probably pass on this. Now, if they would do Laguna Seca and have an unlimited sound weekend event, I would certainly pay and travel for that !

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted I would pay, but I think they should wait it out. The price will come down.

I'd rather them add another entire event to the schedule than pay twice as much for COA.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I would pay the price. I am planning on attending the F1 race in November and to think that I might be able to run on the same track next season would be a HUGE rush. We have run on some amazing tracks this season, and yes some have been more expsensive than others and believe me they are worth every penny. No I don't have an expsensive rig with a crew, I tow my own trailer and service my own car inbetween events. Yes I have a crew at the track (Archer Racing) so I can concentrate on driving while I am at the track and not have to worry about servicing the car between sessions, for me it is the perfect way to race on a budget. For the HPDE double the price might be a little too high but the TT guys it would be well worth the cost. Remember the old phrase "TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT" if you attend a NARRA event just once and don't love it then something went wrong.

I don't know what tracks they are working on for next year but I am all ready planning for an entire season again next year.

USGT #007

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will probably be awhile before they relax that price, as a one time event until they do, count me in!

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be a while (I.E. never) if clubs continue to pay double the price to drive there and they are booked all year. It's new and fresh now, so people will jump at it, but how long can a track maintain that, and how many clubs can afford it? Not to mention, what else do they have going on there to support the running costs?

Seems unrealistic that any track can maintain that for too long. I'd prefer to see NARRA add Sebring and Barber to their current schedule. But that is mostly selfish because I'd like to run as many NARRA events as possible, but the tracks are great!!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having lived and suffered the heat in Texas, I would say only if it is a prime date in early spring. No thanks on a summer event there, even if free! For the record, I don't have an Air Conditioned transporter or RV to lounge in between sessions!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Would I pay double the NARRA fee to race my Viper on that track?...Oh hell ya. But only once.

Edit: But like MTGTS says..not in the summer.

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would travel to attend this event but NOT during the summer months. I went to VIR this year and it was absolutely brutal. Not doing that again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets