NARRA TWS in Sept.

Discussion in 'Texas: Houston' started by VIPER GTSR 91, Feb 7, 2012.

1. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

Its a ways off yet but hoping we might get a good turn out from the club this year. Im signing up soon and trying to get a Grand Am Cup super star driver friend of mine to show up between his pro races races and do his thing in my car !! I got one of those infield RVs locked in that TWS rents next to the garages. Party all night.

2. Slithr

Slithr Viper Owner

I plan to be there (unless it conflicts with VOI XII), already pricing roll bar and harnesses :)

3. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Has Left the Room!

I plan on it as long as I can get that weekend off.

4. VIPER GTSR 91

Great and hope you can make it Alan. Your best bet is calling Jon at the PartsRack for your bar and harness. He has all these and at good prices plus you can specify the color of harness you want. Tell him I sent you for a discount !! Then get Morgan to install them. He did mine perfectly.

5. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Viper Owner

Mine is a garage queen and my wife never let's me go to the track. Guess I won't make it. :drive:

VOI is not the same weekend but they are crammed back to back.

6. shooter_t1

Well then it looks like it's TWS for me. Can't do both and I'd rather be on the track.

7. B & R

B & R Viper Owner

NARRA at TWS I believe Sept 21-23 which is the weekend before VOI.

8. shooter_t1

Registered a couple of days ago. Starting to get a little pricy for the amount of track time you get. Didn't give me a VCA discount, and the garages have more then doubled in price also.

9. hou99gts

hou99gts Viper Owner

I'm be there to watch the superbee.... :D

10. Slithr

Slithr Viper Owner

I'll be there to spectate, supervise, and try to limit the hurt feelings being initiated :omg:

11. B & R

B & R Viper Owner

Alan I can't see anything but smiles in your future. This is about as much fun as one can have with your clothes on!!! I believe if this is your maiden voyage they may let you slide on the roll bar, you can check with Lisa or some of the other NARRA folks and they can let you know. Of course, the harness better allows you to drive the car instead of also having to use the wheel to hold on. You will need a helmet, Snell 05 or better. They can rent you one there if you like. Beth and I will be there.

Richard

12. Slithr

Slithr Viper Owner

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there! I sould make at least 2 of the 3 days :2tu:

13. B & R

B & R Viper Owner

We will be up Friday evening.

14. shooter_t1

Might as well try to stop the sun from rising Alan:rolaugh:

Funny dude, funny:2tu:

15. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Viper Owner

I would not label NARRA a bargain for an HPDE. The annual membership just to register for one event a year can cause some molar grinding in comparison to other track organizations as well. That said, it is a well run event. Look forward to seeing everyone!

16. shooter_t1

Yep, this is my last year with narra HPDE. Getting much less return on my money now. Maybe our club and Troy (Dixon) could put something together this winter at TWS. I would go for sure if I'm off.

17. TlyeACR

TlyeACR Enthusiast

How were you able to lock in the RV spot in the infield? I may be looking to bring one as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

18. VIPER GTSR 91

I rented one of their RVs that are next to the garages, not bringing my own. Call the TWS office from their web site. There is a woman in charge of the RVs for rent. Its around 115.00 a night and fully equipped. Nothing fancy though. Some of the entrants bring their own trailer/sleeper rig and just park on the paved area adjacent to the garages.

19. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Viper Owner

This is something Troy and I have discussed in the past. The best way to lower the overall cost to the club is to 'take over' a HPDE that TWS schedules by having a large showing. Troy and I will be discussing this again while at the NARRA event in September.

The Houston Club track event at MSR-H in November will have a nominal fee to members. We were able to negotiate a good rate for half a day. The costs are astronomical and I know Ivan and Speedy worked hard in the past to drive the cost down and get the biggest bang for the buck for members without a large payout beyond yearly dues.

20. TlyeACR

TlyeACR Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, email sent to TWS!

21. VicTxV10

VicTxV10 Viper Owner

Alan, I checked with NARRA and you do not need a roll bar for the HPDE and you must run with the top up.

22. Slithr

Slithr Viper Owner

Thanks Murray, looking forward to meeting you out there!

23. B & R

B & R Viper Owner

Its pretty bright with the lid down and it always helps to see where you are going.

24. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Viper Owner

I am thinking about signing up for the NARRA DE this Feb 15-17 at TWS. What is this annual membership fee to which you refer? I agree that the NARRA DE is quite a bit more expensive than a TWS or PCA DE. They have a Discount Code and I am curious if the VCA offers such code? Also, how much track time does one get at this DE? AT TWS or PCA DE we get 4 sessions per day, 20-25 mins/session.

25. B & R

B & R Viper Owner

I believe for PDE its $25.00 a year. This enables you to register for any of their events for the year in the PDE classification. Check their website to be sure, www.narraonline.com.

Richard

26. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Viper Owner

Thanks Richard. Do you know how many sessions per day at the NARRA DE?

27. B & R

B & R Viper Owner

I do believe it is 4 sessions per day, 20-25 mins. each.

28. VIPER GTSR 91

This ought to be a blast now and will be televised on Speed a week later 2/22 I believe on the new series, RU FASTER THAN A RED NECK. NARRA emailed the info. They have a 900 plus HP GTR they will be running with the Whelen Time Trial and most likely in TTU. Hoping the TTU Vipers, Vettes etc. eat their lunch. Their sponsor is SSP.