NASA BeaveRun and Nelson Ledges

Mansier

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NASA Ohio/Indiana will be holding a one day HPDE at BeaveRun one Sept. 2 and a two day HPDE, Double Sprint Race, and 200 Mile Enduro at Nelson Ledges on Sept. 21-22. Any local car club getting 5 or more drivers to the track will get a 10% discount, and if 8 or more members of this web-forum sign up as drivers, they will also get the 10% discount (all discounts given in cash-back at the track or NASA Ohio/Indiana credit). Interested parties should email [email protected] or call 330.242.5008. Our August 9 HPDE at BeaveRun was a blast! Everyone got tons of track time.

Lawrence Mansier

Got a ride in Jim Berry's Viper at BeaveRun...Nice Car!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Define Car Club....I think i already have 6 people that are thinking hard about comming. do i qualify for the discount?
franks car club.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HPDE = ?

I've been to The Ledges.

What is the best way to setup that nasty "hairpin" entry corner on the front straight?

That corner is horrific if you car understears...

Tom

PS. I was experimenting with going in hot and rotate the car via brakes to an almost broadside then powering out. Ugly, squirrelly, but nowhere as tedious as driving a line and waiting for the car to "come about."

Ahoy Captain!

OP
OP
M

Mansier

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exit of 12 will set you up in the middle of the track. Get ******* the brakes, get turned in, and use all the track coming out (there is extra pavement on the exit). You can put a lot more power down with the way Bruce mentioned! If you can make it to our event on Sept. 21-22, I'll jump in the passenger seat and show you what I mean.

LM

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mansier, I'd like nothing more than to take you up on your offer, however, that will be getting pretty close to VOI.

I was exploring using all the track to power out of the corner. I even downshifted into 2nd to really go for it and got the rear kicked out.

That really wasn't fun....

Sliding a muscle car is entertaining.

Sliding a Viper is nerve racking - and that is on street tires....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte