Need a CRANKSHAFT?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a VERY nice Gen-4 crank laying around. What does that mean to you?

1. Direct replacement for any 2008-2010 crankshaft

2. drop-in Usable in a 2003-2004 SRT-10, they do not read off the crank trigger wheel, so they are able to use this crank. [difference in wheels is only major difference] Cars with aftermarket EMS can drill the block and use the trigger wheel like 05-06 [see #3]

3. Upgrade for 2005-2006 cars using an AEM, Motec, or Pectel EMS. The Gen-4 Trigger Wheel is MUCH better than the older cars, offering more precise timing and fuel calculations, and more power/more stable engine as a result. The aftermarket EMS can read this new wheel.

4. Use this crankshaft to make a Stroker Gen-2: from 3.88 to 3.96, no offset grinding. [Would require the use of AEM, Motec, or Pectel to read the new trigger wheel, but has the advantages listed in #3 as well!]

Crankshaft, 08-10 Viper SRT-10 03-06 UPGD 96-02 STROKER : eBay Motors (item 220565524518 end time Mar-12-10 19:29:36 PST)

Oh... and I have plenty of other auctions up there too. 55 to be exact. :2tu:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any mods you can do to make it better/lighter without loosing strength? :eater:

Lets see...

Just off the top of my head, we can do any of the following:

-Gun Drill the rod journals a bit more
-Reduce/chamfer or knife edge the counterweights
-Take material out of low-stress areas
-Change bearing diameters [similar to GTSR]
-Nitride
-Double Key
-Re-balance

Reaction score
Send me a PM with a quote for the entire job and part, what kind of differences do you think I would feel if I went to all this expense?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Send me a PM with a quote for the entire job and part, what kind of differences do you think I would feel if I went to all this expense?

If you want my honest opinion, I only mentioned it because you had asked. Is it worth the money to do by itself? HELL NO. Only if done in combination with a specific engine philosophy.

Double keying, balancing and nitriding benefit certain engine configurations, and longer life. Smaller being diameters will reduce linear bearing speed and allow for increased rev-range, but only if the rest of the engine is changed to allow the same. Reducing the crank weight will free up a few horsepower, but nothing monumental, and knife-edging will only free up power once you get near redline... it doesn't do much until 5500rpm+, and we are only talking single digits here.

I would sooner tell you take the same kind of money and put it towards a Pectel EMS, and gain full control over your engine, along with trac and launch, digital dash, the ability to TT or SC without hassles, etc...

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The first 1000.00 even takes this crank! Thats almost ONE QUARTER of what it costs new! For a NINE HUNDRED mile crank!