Need a good Detail Shop in NY

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As noted, anyone have any recommendations or experiences they want to share? I prefer Long Island if possible.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
detailing dynamics in bohemia i think it was.

516-747-4114

hes the guy that did my clear bra and i got to see the kinda work he does there. mostly high end stuff and car show prep. nice guy i just forget his name...sorry

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I heard of them. They advertise a lot in the Porsche magazine. I couldnt remember their name. Thanks Plum.

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called and left 2 messages. Got a call back from a Secretary and was told I would recieve a call from one of the owners., never did. Let me know how you make out I wanted to use them as they have a great reputation.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wifes uncle has a guy come detail his SL65 and Flying Spur. I could probably get his number????

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As noted, anyone have any recommendations or experiences they want to share? I prefer Long Island if possible.

Nadar - Your thread title is obvious but vague if that makes sense, what specifically are you looking at having done? Complete detail? Buff out swirls? If the latter its time to get yourself a porter cable or other good buffer and learn to remove them yourself.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny I have the porter cable but never used it. I will give it a shot if you can give me some instructions on what to use to buff out swirls on black paint? Specifically I need to know what products to use, what pads, and how to use it?

Why dont you come to NY and show me????:smirk:

Nadar - Your thread title is obvious but vague if that makes sense, what specifically are you looking at having done? Complete detail? Buff out swirls? If the latter its time to get yourself a porter cable or other good buffer and learn to remove them yourself.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny I have the porter cable but never used it. I will give it a shot if you can give me some instructions on what to use to buff out swirls on black paint? Specifically I need to know what products to use, what pads, and how to use it?

Why dont you come to NY and show me????:smirk:

Nadar - there are several good products out there. I chose pinnacle products, 3M is very good too. Go to this link Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer and scroll to the bottom and click on one of the instructional video's e.g. light swirl removal or intermediate swirl removal. They are pretty good. You can be a hero with the wife and offer to remove her's first on her car all the while getting experience before polishing the Viper :D There are several good products for doing this on Auto geek while your at their site, pads, swirl removal, polishes etc. Good luck, I'm a country boy and have no desire to go to New York :smirk:

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I will give it a shot. Unfortunately my girls car is my new ML550 so I cant practice on that either. I thought you really cant damage the paint with the portercable anyway?

Nadar - there are several good products out there. I chose pinnacle products, 3M is very good too. Go to this link Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer and scroll to the bottom and click on one of the instructional video's e.g. light swirl removal or intermediate swirl removal. They are pretty good. You can be a hero with the wife and offer to remove her's first on her car all the while getting experience before polishing the Viper :D There are several good products for doing this on Auto geek while your at their site, pads, swirl removal, polishes etc. Good luck, I'm a country boy and have no desire to go to New York :smirk:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Meguiar's ScratchX for swirls? It's been recommended to me as a quick hand applicable fix that won't do the clear coat any damage.

Opinions?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never tried that one but i did just use the docs new swirl remover and so far like it......

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I will give it a shot. Unfortunately my girls car is my new ML550 so I cant practice on that either. I thought you really cant damage the paint with the portercable anyway?

Nader, check out this detailing handbook from Griot's Garage. Detailer's Handbook - Product Information - Griot's Garage

You don't have to use their products but the procedures discussed in the book are very helpful. I have an instructional DVD. If you want it, you can have it free. You can harm the paint if you don't clean the surface properly before polishing or you use an overly aggresive polish. The Griot's and 3M products worked really well for me on all of my cars.

The PC 7424 random orbital is not powerful enough to cause damage in and of itself. I generally do a wash, clay bar, wash and then get to polishing. I have used the Griot's polishes and they seem to work well. 3M worked best for me on some of the deeper swirls. The link that Fast Too sent you is where I get my Lake County pads. Try it, I think you'll find its easier and safer than you think.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. Looks like I am going to have to set aside some time give it a whirl. I will definitely review the information. Tony where did you get the DVD? If you can send it to me I would appreciate it but dont want you to go out of your way.

Nader, check out this detailing handbook from Griot's Garage. Detailer's Handbook - Product Information - Griot's Garage

You don't have to use their products but the procedures discussed in the book are very helpful. I have an instructional DVD. If you want it, you can have it free. You can harm the paint if you don't clean the surface properly before polishing or you use an overly aggresive polish. The Griot's and 3M products worked really well for me on all of my cars.

The PC 7424 random orbital is not powerful enough to cause damage in and of itself. I generally do a wash, clay bar, wash and then get to polishing. I have used the Griot's polishes and they seem to work well. 3M worked best for me on some of the deeper swirls. The link that Fast Too sent you is where I get my Lake County pads. Try it, I think you'll find its easier and safer than you think.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it with a purchase from Griot's. I think you can buy it on their site. If you PM your address, I'll drop it in the mail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte