Need advice on parading "large" Labor Day queen on RT/Rollbar!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need advice on parading \"large\" Labor Day queen on RT/Rollbar!

Hello;

My wife will bw driving the 01' RT/10 in a small town Labor Day parade tommorow. The "Queen" is a larger size gal, and she wants to sit on the rollbar. OK, here are my questions:

1. Should the removable window be in, or out, for best support? Does it matter?

2. Is this even a good idea?

3. Should I wrap a cotton towel over the rollbar for scratch protection?

4. Please bear with me on this silly subject, because it is a command performance for my Viper, and wife will kill me if I try to back out now.

Please try not to flame me too badly. Just pretend you were committed to the same situation. Advice?

Thanks,Jim

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Re: Need advice on parading \"large\" Labor Day queen on RT/Rollbar!

Well, lets see. My wife and I have sat on the top of our RT's rollbar(if thats what you want to call it) without any troubles. I'm like 160, and she's 115 and it didn't hurt it.

But then again, we were sitting still watching the sun go down over the lake. (ya, mushy sickness I know)

I'm sure moving would change things a little. I would go ahead and do it (if forced) but I would have a towel on it, leave the glass in, and put a towel inside for her feet.

And at the first crack you hear, gun it to knock her off!!!

heh

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

She gives new meaning to the term 'Queen Size' I take it. Having lived in Wisconsin the first 28 years of my life, I have seen plenty of those queen sized corn fed women. I don't think she will ruin your rollbar though. Just make sure you use a Cannon or Fieldcrest 100% cotton towel with no stitching underneath her large rear-end and lots of Zaino on the rollbar.
laugh.gif

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hello again;

Thanks for the current suggestions! Glad to know that your bars or "sportcaps" (as I believe it is really called) haven't collapsed. I KNOW others of you out there will be driving in similar parades tomorrow. If only it were the "Bikini Team", they could sit wherever they like! If that were the case, I would worry about personal overheating instead of a collapsing rollbar!

Thanks,

Jim

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

ha! ha! ha! I feel for ya! hehe! Give her a can of slim fast? Or maybe instead of riding on the car...make her run behind it until the ideal weight is reached! just kidding..I think the Sports bar is strong enough...I just wouldn't do it..I imagine there must be some flex involved and may crack the paint or something?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21