Need Dealer Repair Issue Advice

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't related to my Viper but I would like to hear some opinions on options, especially from any dealers out there.

I brought my '83 380SL to the dealer to have the ignition replaced (key wouldn't turn anymore). When I got the car back the ignition was fixed but the seat was broken, the AC fan didn't work and the Steering Wheel was on upside down.

Now the dealer is saying that the Steering wheel must have been the third party that came in to do some scratch repair on the dash from the ignition replacement and that the control is has simply broken for the AC and is not related. They want another $600+ to replace the control unit. Clearly they had bad quality control if they let the car go out with an upside down steering wheel but they claim that they didn't break the AC control.

I know it was working when I dropped it off, but we will end up in a 'he said she said' argument if I go to court. I know darn well if they are bad enough to put the wheel on upside down that they broke this as well.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't related to my Viper but I would like to hear some opinions on options, especially from any dealers out there.

I brought my '83 380SL to the dealer to have the ignition replaced (key wouldn't turn anymore). When I got the car back the ignition was fixed but the seat was broken, the AC fan didn't work and the Steering Wheel was on upside down.

Now the dealer is saying that the Steering wheel must have been the third party that came in to do some scratch repair on the dash from the ignition replacement and that the control is has simply broken for the AC and is not related. They want another $600+ to replace the control unit. Clearly they had bad quality control if they let the car go out with an upside down steering wheel but they claim that they didn't break the AC control.

I know it was working when I dropped it off, but we will end up in a 'he said she said' argument if I go to court. I know darn well if they are bad enough to put the wheel on upside down that they broke this as well.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

That is totally unacceptable :mad: !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456