Need help in Kansas...Car Inspection and Transport

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am a new member and I have just purchased a Black Viper from Speedway Chrysler Dodge Jeep, in Lansing, KS and I need help/advice on 2 things...

1. All the paperwork is done, but I think I need to have someone check it for any damage, before I take delivery. Is there anyone close by that could help me out? I would really appreciate it.

2. Transport. I am 550 miles away from my new beast, and I find myself debating whether to "fly and drive" or just have it transported. Not sure if the 550 miles from KS to Dallas, TX is a brutal one or not. Are the State Troopers nice? I would have to bake a couple of speeding tickets into the equation, of course! :headbang:

The car should be ready for pickup this Friday...the countdown is killing me!

thanks in advance for any and all help,

I was a member of the Prowler Online Association, but I have "upgraded" cars, and forums.

Thanks for making this forum so informative.

-George

Reaction score
Inspection is moot at this point since "the paperwork is done"....but it can't hurt. There are tons of KC people...just be patient.

Fly down Friday night and spend the day driving it up Sat!!

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,

I don't think you want me to look at the car since most of the Vipers I inspect....well lets just say I am a little picky.

What's the story on this car?

OP
OP
V

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paperwork is done...but I still have not taken delivery.

I am getting a good deal on it, because they are trying to get a 2006 allocation. It is a New 2004 with 396 miles on it. They said the owner drove it twice, but it has never been test driven by a customer.

I just want to be sure about the deal...it is a franchised dealership, so i would asssume they are reputable.

Thanks,
George

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live out fairly close to Lansing (I've been in that prison - ON A TOUR!). I am not good at inspecting anything but paint/wheel/front dam damage, but would be willing to look at it.

Jerry is good at inspecting everything.

Brian Paddock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made sure to have my Viper inspected and driven by Jerry before I purchased. My car is one of the few that has passed a Dobson inspection.
Make a donation to Jerry's paypal account and have him look at if for you, you'll sleep better at night.

OP
OP
V

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

Jerry / Frank

You guys got me worried now ;)

The 2004 car has only 396 miles on it, and is being sold as new. Do ya'll really think something mechanically can be wrong with it? I was originally worried about physical damage, but now ya'll got me thinking.

I have been looking for a while...and ruled out a few used ones, but since this was being sold by a Dodge Dealership, my comfort level was better. I left a deposit over the phone and began the paperwork, but I did note, that if there was damage on the vehicle when I take delivery, then my "non-refundable" deposit would be "refundable."

I wouldn't mind making a donation to a paypal account...Pickiness is a virtue. IF anything, I could use any minor "issues" for getting some $$ off.

I know Warranty should cover any mechanical issues, but not sure if I want to have to mess with all that. Thanks for yall's help on this.

Thanks,
George

OP
OP
V

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted this one in 2 forums...General and the SRt10 one.

Given the short notice, here is my cell 512-507-5854, if anyone can help out.

Here are the links to each post, in case you have been following one/both.

General

SRT 10

Sorry for the confusion...
-George