Need Help in Sponsoring the Hole in the Wall Gang

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Over the past year we have been promoting this Viper run that the NEVCA is going to be putting on at The Hole in the Wall Gang, a camp for kids with life threatening illnesses . We started taking donations at our Xmas Party and we have 12 people so far sponsoring a Viper for a child. We are hoping to get a total of 35 to 40 Vipers for the camp. We know we can't do the whole camp, so we will get a smaller group to participate.
I know the economy is very tight right now. We hope you could read our sponsor letter below, and we were hoping you or someone you know might consider sponsoring a Viper for a child. We are going to make a Viper event out of this day, so we are hoping that some of you would also consider helping out the day of the event. That day will be a heart felt experience for everyone involved. We are working on getting a sponsor banner for people sponsoring a Viper. We would like to get some pictures that day for the VCA magazine. We will be plenty of details to follow. Right now we need to get as many Viper sponsored as possible so we can place an order. We are still working on a date for this event and will kept everyone posted. We appreciate any helping us achieve this goal.
Thanks Rick :2tu:
Hole in the Wall Gang
Donation Form
The NEVCA is a nonprofit organization and our goal is to provide a great driving experience for our Vipers. We also do charitable events like the Exotic Car Show for the Make A Wish Foundation, which we are so proud of. This year we have been inspired with this cause of the Hole in the Wall Gang. It was founded by Paul Newman back in 1988. It’s a camp for children from the ages 7 through 15 that have some kind of life threatening conditions.
So this year we have decided to do a Viper Run to the camp and help out the kids the best way we can. We have teamed up with Ride Makers for some help in putting this event on. Ride Makers will be providing everything we need, so the kids can assemble their own Viper. All we need from you is a donation to help with this cause. The children will pick out their color Viper, wheels, graphics, and etc. We can't provide all the kids in the camp with a Viper, so the camp will be hosting a small group of children. We are hoping to raise 35 to 40 Vipers.
We are looking for anyone to help us out in sponsoring a Viper for this event. It could be yourself, a family member, businesses, or anyone you know who would like to help us out. Ride Makers will give us everything we need to assemble all the vipers for $35.00. If you have never seen these Vipers, go to www.ridemakerz.com . From all the officers, we would appreciate any help you could in helping us achieve this goal.
Thank You
NEVCA Officers
Please cut along this line and send lower half with payment:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I would like to help NEVCA in sponsoring a Ride Maker Viper to a child at the Hole in the Wall Gang. Your name will be added to our sponsor board.
Name: _________________________ or Business Name: _________________________
Quantity: _________ @ $35.00 per Viper for a child = Total $ ______________
If sponsoring multiple Vipers please provide names on a separate paper.
Please send payment to: Richard Desrosiers, 92 Long Road, Fairhaven, MA 02719.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin,

I'm pretty sure we are going to 3 as well. I just wanted to leave room for to up me this one time.

This is such a cool event, I am sure with our charitable members we will hit our goal and then some.

Thanks Martin for your generosity.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in for three. Hopefully all the guys from NEVC will do the same. Lets help the children. :):):):):drive::drive:

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura and I are in for 1 each, of course, there is more available if it's needed, but we want to give some other folks a chance!

:usa: Nick :usa:

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Nick
I'm so glad for you on the new Blue and white GTS.
Thanks Guys
For all the support in this event, this is going to be a great event. Thanks Rick

Last edited:

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck.

Hope you can make the event. It's not too far from you in CT and is looking like it's going to be one hell of a good time.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I spoke to the camp yesterday, we have 2 dates picked out. We are already shuffling things around to make this date. We will post date sometime next week. We appreciate all the support, I've had alot of nice emails of support on this event. I had a few members ask me if they could pay thru Pay Pal. The answer is yes. If you send me a PM, I'll reply and send you the info back. Thank you for all your support. Rick

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack
Thank you for all your support. Everyone in the club has been pulling together for us to meet this goal. I spoke to the camp today and they were very excited also. Everything is falling into place. Thank you Rick

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Gilly
We have 65 Vipers. The support for this event has been awesome. We were trying to do a smaller group in the camp, we are getting close to doing the whole camp now. The camp is still trying to come up with some numbers, we think it will be 80-90. One thing we didn't want to have was a little boy or girl saying we had shop in the morning and the afternoon shop get a Viper. This event has been getting beter and better. We have a few different ideas going for this event. Ridemakerz also has a Build A Bear dept, so we are trying to get bears for the girls at the camp. I was waiting to post the totals until we reached that goal. Rick

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
We started out by asking our N.E. Viper Club family to help us support this cause for the Hole in the Wall Gang. We asked you for a donation to support a Viper for a child at the camp. It was very nice receiving all the nice emails from all the club members showing their support. From all the officers and myself, we appreciate everything everyone has shown us. We asked our members for donations so we could do a small group of kids at the camp, and I’m happy to say that our goal has changed to doing the entire camp. We are so close to achieving this goal. We always wondered what would happen if a child would have said to us, “I had shop in the morning and the kids that have shop in the afternoon are getting a Viper.” Now we don’t have to worry about children feeling left out.
While sending out the emails to our club members, we found out that one of our club members has someone in their family who had Leukemia and with treatment is now in remission. Their family is familiar with the camp, and is also very involved with these types of programs.
I met with the camp director this week, and worked out all the details for the event. This event keeps getting better and better. Naturally there will be boys and girls at the camp. Ride Makerz also does Build A Bears. So now the guys will help build a Viper for the boys, and the wives will help the girls pick out and build a bear. Each bear comes with a heart already implanted and a birth certificate. Once the child receives the bear it becomes “alive”.
Just so everyone knows, the camp is very excited about this event and is very appreciative of everything we are doing for the kids at the camp. We are looking to do the event on Saturday, June 18, 2011. They have a special place for us to set up and a place for us to park. We will have more details to follow for anyone who would like to help out at the event. If you have not sponsored a Viper for a child and would like to sponsor one, the form is attached below. Thanks again for all the nice emails.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Gilly
Thank you for asking. I'm very proud to say we are only 18 away from doing the whole camp. The club step up to the plate on this one. We started out doing a small group of 20-30 kids. After I posted the donations sponsorships, people were right there to help out. I spoke to the camp to find out totals they said 75 boys and 65 girls And Ride Makers does Build A Bears also. The club decided to have the wives do Build A Bears for the girls and the guys are going to do the Ride Makers for the Boys. So we started out doing 30 kids and we are 18 from our goal of 140 kids. That is SO SWEEET!!. I very confident that the total will be reached. The Event is going to be Saturday June 18th. I can't wait to see the 2012 GTR, that is a great track car. I hope to see you soon. Rick

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Gilly
Thank you for asking. I'm very proud to say we are only 18 away from doing the whole camp. The club step up to the plate on this one. We started out doing a small group of 20-30 kids. After I posted the donations sponsorships, people were right there to help out. I spoke to the camp to find out totals they said 75 boys and 65 girls And Ride Makers does Build A Bears also. The club decided to have the wives do Build A Bears for the girls and the guys are going to do the Ride Makers for the Boys. So we started out doing 30 kids and we are 18 from our goal of 140 kids. That is SO SWEEET!!. I very confident that the total will be reached. The Event is going to be Saturday June 18th. I can't wait to see the 2012 GTR, that is a great track car. I hope to see you soon. Rick

Make it 17....I'm in for another one....just paypaled it....I can't wait for the '12 to arrive either....just got my VIN yesterday and looking at end of March delivery....hopefully sooner....

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in for the very least of 10, I'm in the process of collecting money and a paypal payment will come by wednesday of next week, there could be an upside of 5 or so on the ten if all goes as planed :drive:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I SO much wanted to make this with my daughter. What a GREAT day you've put together! :2tu:

Unfortunately I can't change other pre existing family plans (tried :().

Good for all you guys/gals! :headbang:

Still a ways off, so we'll see.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, it was nice to finally meet you at NJMP this past weekend. After watching you race your Viper I now have newfound respect for yellow Vipers and those that know how to drive them. :D Depending on my work schedule Sat, I'm going to try and make this event on Sat. I'll let you by mid-week. - tony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62