need help my viper wont start ....not receiving elictric current to my sparkplugs!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
look up a member by the name of antonio or "Viprt/10" he had a similar problem with his too. I know it was a sensor..cam sensor?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Antonio is in Italy now.. But if I'm not mistaken (which I probably am) I think the problem was the ignition switch in the steering wheel assy' somewhere. He too, thought it was cam sensor, etc., clutch, alarm, battery, etc w/ no luck..

Give it a try... I'll send Antonio an email and hopefully, he'll respond..
I think we figured that out when we jiggled the key in the igniation pretty hard and actually slightly "banged" on the assy right where the key goes into the hole......
?????

Gerald

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Antonio's ignition was the problem......with similiar symptoms.

I do suspect a battery......<10.4 volts will run lights, starter, etc, but NOT provide any spark !

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Direct quote from Antiono, another member who has a 1993 and had same problem.. he installed A/C.. .Did you install A/C?

Gerald, ask him if he had the A\C installed. If he did, it is a wire that is pinched from the installation and have it bypassed with a new wire in a different route. That was my prob.
L8tr bro
Antonio

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I had to travel 5 days and 5 nights by mule to get to the nearest town that has electricity and inter net....J/K

I had that problem too, I cleaned, checked and retightened the ground from the battery and engine block, changed the cam sensor, removed and tested the alternator (good), jiggled the ignition switch and key release lever, reset the factory alarm, checked all the plugs, tested and changed the starter-relay switch, and it didn't even crank.

Have you tried to remove the aftermarket alarm if you have one viperman27 ? Mine had a hot spot that melted the harness a bit and that caused a wire from the A/C to get hot and melted through the casing and ground to the car.

If that was the exact prob, I don't know, but it starts now. I was supervising the work and there was a grounded out wire from the A/C that was bypassed and replaced and it runs now and Gerald is my friend again...LOL

Keep us informed.....GL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave