Need help on insurance recommendation in MA

VenomSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I just call Grundy to inform them that I have moved to MA and will need to update the policy. Much to my surprize, while they have no problem on the antique cars, they however will not be able to offer my a policy for the 08 Viper because it is too new. :( So now I need to make a change. Can anyone in MA share who you are using for collector car insurance? Thanks

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Flanagan Insurance in Lexington Ma which is an agent who offers all types of insurances and uses different companies at competative rates and they will actually tell you the better policy and prices. I use them for my Viper and they hooked me up with a company called Safety Insurance, I am not sure about the collectables but I am sure they can help, give them a call they usually have insurance for everything (781) 863-2054 ask for Bill Flanagan or Peggy Novis.

Bill

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using Haggerty but I am not in Mass ....NH is where I reside.
Definately, you want to get stated insurance.
You and the insurance agree to a stated value and thats what you will pay insurance on .

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From stupidity and personal experience...........Stated insurance save me a large amount when I totalled my 2001.
It is certiantly worth investigating.

OP
OP
V

VenomSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From stupidity and personal experience...........Stated insurance save me a large amount when I totalled my 2001.
It is certiantly worth investigating.

You don't have to tell me that. I had similar experience. I alway carry stated value insurrance for collector and antique cars. I might have to go back to American Collectible since Grundy don't do MA.

OP
OP
V

VenomSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Flanagan Insurance in Lexington Ma which is an agent who offers all types of insurances and uses different companies at competative rates and they will actually tell you the better policy and prices. I use them for my Viper and they hooked me up with a company called Safety Insurance, I am not sure about the collectables but I am sure they can help, give them a call they usually have insurance for everything (781) 863-2054 ask for Bill Flanagan or Peggy Novis.

Bill

Bill, Thanks for the recommendation. I got a very go rep already and in fact I got Safety for home today. Just looking to see more options and opinion. Beside CA, MA has got to be the most car owner unfriendly state. I can't wait for all the BS I will have to deal with soon for titles and inspections. Oh, how much I miss Ohio.