Need New rotors for StopTech

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a bad vibration off my front driver rotor - gets worse on heavy braking at the track as they heat up - not as bad when cool - - suspect I warped a rotor as everything else checks - think the warp gets worse once its gets very hot.

What rotor or rotor and Hat products are out there that fit StopTech ST-40 calipers?

Any suppliers names or alternatives would be appreciated.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe all the rotors are interchangeable with one another (as a rotor and hat assembly). StopTechs are rumored to be Brembo copies, my StopTechs are dimensionally the same as my Roe/Coleman rotors.

Try surfacing the pads and rotors then rebedding them before you drop the dough on new pieces (you'll have to rebed the new pieces anyway).

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a bad vibration off my front driver rotor - gets worse on heavy braking at the track as they heat up - not as bad when cool - - suspect I warped a rotor as everything else checks - think the warp gets worse once its gets very hot.

What rotor or rotor and Hat products are out there that fit StopTech ST-40 calipers?

Any suppliers names or alternatives would be appreciated.

You DID NOT, I repeat did not warp your rotors. I am almost 100% sure of this. You get a bad vibration under hard braking, the steering wheel shakes and scares the crap otta you. This has happened to me twice and 3 other track buddies with the Stoptech system. It is pad material fused onto the rotor and it will go away. What we do is take a few 140 mph-5mph "bed-in" stops and that always works. I know the vibration is so bad you'll say impossible, something major must be wrong, take it from the voice of experience, it is what I said it is.

OP
OP
V

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal:

Thanks for the info - yes I did switch pads from Brakeman 3 to PFC 01 - tried to break in - no problem in first 3 hours at track BUT....

....Problem occurs after i kick it up notch - others have said the "warp" (ie judder) is not runout but parallelism due to cementite on rotor which is very difficult to remove (Impossible according to Stoptech)>

Anyway, my next open day is on the Aug 27th (8 hours - 5 tanks) - I can't take the chance that the problem is still there - so JonB getting me another set of rings and mounting hardware.

I'll try to ressurrect the old rotors after I *** them cleaned.

I will try your 140mph bed in technique - hope it works as it will give me a backup.

Thanks

J

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is why selecting the right pad for the application is so important. Each driver has unique habits and the small differences in temperature, pedal feel, initial bite, etc... result in dramatically different experiences. Experiment with some of the choices recommended by the more experienced users here and you will find the best match. Good luck and enjoy those Stoptechs!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth