Negative Tuner Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm not takin' up for anyone. Just calling it like it is. Today John emailed me saying that my order will be sent out by next week. I have gone from absolutely pi$$ed off to feelin pretty good about the situation in 2.0 e-mails. Seriously that is all it really takes. Just a little comunication. Everyone runs a little behind sometimes. It was the lack of communication that got to me. I'm sure that some of you guys have a legitimate beef with him but as long as my order arrives as promised I'm pretty happy with how things have gone and would probably buy from him again. Now as far as the 22k, it seems like John would come stick up for himself, I would, and that has me somewhat puzzled....

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
While we know that there are definite customer service issues with HMS, I wouldn't fool yourselves into thinking the product is ALWAYS great or John is so knowlegable on all that is Viper. Not to say that HMS hasn't made good products, I'm sure they have and hopefully you guys own them.

Lets not forget the bad products which I received:
Heads with used valves, rot spots not milled and wrong cam. These all could exist in your cars and you probably wouldn't know it.

John also sent me pushrods to be used with T & D shaft rockers, which he was supposed to send. I asked John if the push rods needed to be measured prior to installing. He said "no, we know what size you need, we do this all the time." I urge anoyone to call T & D and ask them. With every set of shaft rockers they send, they will include a pushrod length checker for free. Pushrod length must be measured and then the correct size purchased. There is a small margin for adjustment and too much adjustment either direction will impede the flow of oil, possibly hurting you motor down the road. P.S. the pushrods he sent me were the wrong size.

When I did receive my heads back with the used parts, I also asked John a question about the bronze valve guides. I asked if they were complete bronze guides or inserts and could I see them through the ports. He told me he doesn't really know much about cylinder heads and gave me the number of the shop which was building heads for him at the time. Was it that he really didn't know, or was it that he didn't want to take the time to explain?

I write all this only because I know it is not strictly a customer service issue. If this were true, I would have no need for this credit which he says he is issuing.

Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone who is satisfied with a couple of emails after being screwed over for that last couple of months obviously hasn't been screwed enough in life. With what I'm reading here alone, those emails have no significance except to pacify you.
I've taken it where the sun done shine enough in my lifetime that I don't even read what's actually written. I just think in terms of "legal time stamp" "legal signature" "proof of receiving payment" "proof of receiving complaint" "binding statement" "admission of breaking a binding statement"

Example

Given-
"We have received your inquiry about the parts you ordered, they were shipped out xx/xx/20xx. Payment has been received and we are sending you tracking info xx/x(x+1)/20xx

John Deer
ABC Tuners
xx/xx/20xx
"

What you take-
legal time stamp "xx/xx/20xx"
proof of retrieval "payment received"
binding statement "we are sending you tracking info.."
legal sig "John Deer/ABC Tuners"

So, once the parts don't come(they won't) just forward your file
to credit card company(best option) and/or lawyer.

There is three people here who have said repeatedly that he makes binding promises and doesn't keep them(and doesn't intend to), yet you are willing to toss all of them because you are happy to get an e-mail back. Be little pessimistic about the possibilities, makes it easier when your right.

Snake

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake,
I for one am not satisfied with a couple of emails. I simply said I was going to report how things go in MY situation. Right now John is on track with my order. He says my exhaust will be to me next week. He called me today as well as emailed me again tonight to reassure me things are on track. Now maybe the exhaust will not be ready next week but that really wasn't my issue. It was the lack of communication. As long as the time period is within reason I'm not too concerned with next week, if he keeps me informed. Like I said before, I am not taking up for anyone, I'm just telling it like it is. Maybe you need to settle down and quit trying to propagate this negativity towards HMS. If he deserves it John will do that on his own. And you can be certain that if my situation turn ugly everyone will know! As of now my experience hasn't been that bad.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has GTSR45 removed all of his slanderous posts? You can run but you can't hide...

If GTSR45 is identified as a vendor (or even a VCA web site sponsor), will Vipermad ban him for life (with NO chance of parole)? I hope that we don't have a double standard.

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great for all of us to order the part we chosen and not pay up front. When the bill comes, we use the same line..the check is in the mail
smile.gif
)) \\

GTSR45, well I'll respect Tony Vipermads wishes. I think Tony is working on it and we will all know who it is.. i cant wait till this idiot gets busted. Another question i'm going to throw towards the moderaters is why do we let the Tuners post on the VCA board..I'm serious..don't they get enough commercials?? All we are doing is getting there names circulated amongs Viper owners. There is a section on the board for this, and I would love to take a vote in this room to do there commercials in the proper board area. I don't see any reason for them to be on this board..its all about the money for them...

PS- JUST GOT A EMAIL FROM GTSR45..IT SAID LEARN TO SPELL))) I WROTE HIM AN EMAIL, AND FORGOT TO PUT A W ON WREAD
smile.gif
)) SO THAT WAS HIS REPLY..IT WAS AT 10:53PM EASTERN TIME..WHAT A ********

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesnt seem too concerned about determining who he is if he is still using that account.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8/9
Just received a letter from American Express letting me know that my charges from Hennessey Motorsports in the amount of $5715.00 have been wiped off. Wow what a long road it has been. It's nice to be able to breathe easy knowing that almost Six thousand dollars of my hard earned money hasn't been stolen from me. I would like to thank all of you who contributed on various posts to expose HMS and their bad business practices. I can honestly say that the only reason I received my well deserved refund, was because of the VCA members and Administrators.
Anyone who hasn't seen this and other posts like it before, please read and ask questions if you plan to use a tuner. To stop one person from living through the nightmare I did, would make me happy.

Thanks All!!!

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I know you are far away and I would imagine things are even harder to get accomplished overseas. I feel bad because it could be that the money that was stolen from you, was used to pay me. I hope all of you out there reading this post will also read anything from Harmitc has written in the past. After a year of dealing with this tuner, I still find it so hard to believe that he hasn't been locked up.
Buyer beware!!!

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark:

Great news! Glad to hear that your issues were finally resolved.

Did we ever here back anything on our good friend GTSR45? The administrators pretty much buried that one, when we wanted some answers about people using alias's through AOL to post here. I think that we all know who is was, but it would be nice to hear one of our administrators verify it. We know that they wouldn't take any action if it turned out to be a sponsor or tuner.

Are you out there Tony (in the land of Political Correctness)?

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting you or owning your many well known products, but....

Having owned several business and having partners that have been fortunate enough to take the 4 day work week option you really really should consider something obvious to me (and others).

You are selling parts and labor in the tens of thousands of dollars each. I would bet your average sale it pretty stout (to say the least). I can't even guess what your topline revenue might be.

How much would it cost to hire ONE customer service person (who would ideally work 5 days a week) just to take care of normal stuff? You could cover the person's annual salary with a fraction of the profit from sales lost from this thread alone.... and have even less stress for the 4 days you are in the office. More sales, less frustration on your part, and happier customers all.

Sounds like a good deal for everyone involved to me!

If it works out I'll take my fee in parts...

Best of Luck to all involved,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960