New 08 SSG owner!

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It has been my dream to own one since the very first Viper came out in '02. Brand new 2008 snakeskin green convertable (no stripes), razor wheels. Wow this car is so incredible! I traded in my 02 Z06, and what a difference. There is so so much more torque and power, the handling is amazing, the clutch, gears, everything feels so smooth and crisp while driving. Not to mention the wow factor, I just feel in love with the paint job when I saw it in real life. Pictures definitely don't capture how beautiful the color is. I can't wait to get through the "break-in" period to really drive it. :D

V

Venomiss

It has been my dream to own one since the very first Viper came out in '02. Brand new 2008 snakeskin green convertable (no stripes), razor wheels. Wow this car is so incredible! I traded in my 02 Z06, and what a difference. There is so so much more torque and power, the handling is amazing, the clutch, gears, everything feels so smooth and crisp while driving. Not to mention the wow factor, I just feel in love with the paint job when I saw it in real life. Pictures definitely don't capture how beautiful the color is. I can't wait to get through the "break-in" period to really drive it. :D

Welcome!
Show up some pictures of your new ride while you are waiting for your VCA membership.
Dealer filled out the paperwork for you already? Hope so!
Here's a nice local website for you:

Viper Club of America - New York/Connecticut Region
and be sure to meet CitySnake here on the boards. He is the president of the VCA of NY and also a moderator here who just got his new 08 also.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! It is not uncommon for Vette Owners to become Viper owners when they can :) We had 2 2002 Z06's when we fell in love with the SRT10 (we fell in love with Vipers on day one). It was love at first sight - we owned one 4 days later. You will enjoy the lower circulation numbers/relative rarity, very large number of jaw dropping looks particularly in the SSG, request for pictures, picture being taken without requests, and no longer have the need to downshift to access great power! I also enjoy how the rear staying significantly more planted vs. the Vette (hey I owned 6 so don't get me wrong I liked my Vettes). You may also notice your face muscles feeling sore from the irrestible urge to grin! Enjoy and welcome to the club! :drive:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I have to figure out how to shrink the pics down so I can post them. They are all high res from my camera. I will hopefully have them posted soon.
-Rich :D

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the SSG Club. :2tu: The Viper Club! :2tu: The 600HP Club! :drive: and the I drive one of the Wildest American built Exotic Car Club! :headbang:
I made most of these up but I think they fit! :D
Congrats!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Richie~!!! Yeah, there is simply NO comparison from the '02 Z06 to the Viper. (We've had both) One simply cannot compare the two, they are two EXtremely different cars...one's a BRUTE that is a DRIVERS' car (guess which one??? lol)...the other has traction control/ride stability (sure you CAN turn it off)...but as far as torque/handling...you get BITTEN by the snake and you NEVER go back, lol! ENJOY~~juli
We NEVER get enough of pictures...so please post YOURS when you can!