New '92 GEN 1 owner from the Netherlands

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello!

I am Roy (27) from the Netherlands and just bought me my first Viper! This is my dreamcar for quite some time now. It wasn't very easy to find one, they are quite rare here! Important for me was GEN 1 and as original as possible.
In two weeks it will arrive! After the impressive testdrive, I can't wait to get it here.

Here are some pics of my '92 GEN 1 Viper, number 223. (The blue Z3 M coupe is my previous car)

You must be registered for see images

Don't mind the big green numbers on it, they will be changed to small American sized ones!

Hope you like it,
Greetz Roy

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those big green numbers are dealership plates anyways. Congrats on getting the car!

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard Red is the fastest...with yellow letters on it, it's even faster!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I'll be visiting family in Hoorn from April 18th to April 23rd...you guys want me to bring you anything?

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received some pictures from the former owner! These are a bit sharper!

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quote: Hey, I'll be visiting family in Hoorn from April 18th to April 23rd...you guys want me to bring you anything?

thanks for the email, answer has been send!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed something... that antenna on the rear fender does not look original to me, so be sure to add it on your parts list if it isn't already. Should be pointing straight up not at an angle, the socket (for lack of a better translation) that the mast screws onto is way too fat also.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed something... that antenna on the rear fender does not look original to me, so be sure to add it on your parts list if it isn't already. Should be pointing straight up not at an angle, the socket (for lack of a better translation) that the mast screws onto is way too fat also.

Yes, that does look like an aftermarket antenna, but then again, that car looks like a made for America car vs. the european import with the front side lights and rear exhaust...so perhaps this was a mod from the original owner...I would contact the last owner and see what he knows...I am sure more questions will come out...I haven't seen full interior shots or engine bay shots, but I would imagine there are other items as well.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice Roy! Not many R/C 10s on the roads! That car is a blast but so is the old Z3... I hope you plan to drive it a bit! There are just too many gen 1 garage queens out there for my taste.

Such a fun car needs to be enjoyed properly.

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that does look like an aftermarket antenna, but then again, that car looks like a made for America car vs. the european import with the front side lights and rear exhaust...so perhaps this was a mod from the original owner...I would contact the last owner and see what he knows...I am sure more questions will come out...I haven't seen full interior shots or engine bay shots, but I would imagine there are other items as well.

The steering wheel isn't original at the moment, but I get it with it, so that's why not interior shots. Under the hood is everything original.
What do you mean with the front side lights? And the sidepipes are 100% in tact, no rear exhaust here! (most Vipers on european registration have)
Antenna isn't original, i noticed too off course, but...do I notice that when I drive it? The complete stereo isn't original. But when I am ordering parts, and there is one available, off course I buy this one with it.

Very nice Roy! Not many R/C 10s on the roads! That car is a blast but so is the old Z3... I hope you plan to drive it a bit! There are just too many gen 1 garage queens out there for my taste.

Such a fun car needs to be enjoyed properly.

The Z3 was lots of fun!! But this one is even more. And I am mostly a driver, but in the weekends and all the spare time I can find.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was this 1992 originally shipped to Europe ? If so, it doesn't have the Dodge badging, does it say Chrysler on it ??

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great car, Roy!!

In case the barrtey is low when you get it, put a smart charger on it. If you need to change the battery, maintain a little electrical flow with a small 9v battery plugged into the cigarette lighter. This is important because when you totally disconnect the power on a 92 and 93 Viper...then try to start it with the new battery, the alarm may/will shut the car down...only to be started by a "trick" that CANNOT be published. Best to prevent same.

Again, CONGRATS!!!!

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck and congrat. Get new tires and be carefull Cold old tire are NOT forgiving. Get used to the car before really getting on it. You will see what I mean. I have a very early 93 built as a 92.

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
w-e-l-c-o-m-e-!

#223. I might contact you....

always welcome...but whatfor excactly?

Was this 1992 originally shipped to Europe ? If so, it doesn't have the Dodge badging, does it say Chrysler on it ??

It was original an American car, do dodge badging is on it I guess. Where do i find the badges? Or do you mean the snakes? Those are there.

Great car, Roy!!

In case the barrtey is low when you get it, put a smart charger on it. If you need to change the battery, maintain a little electrical flow with a small 9v battery plugged into the cigarette lighter. This is important because when you totally disconnect the power on a 92 and 93 Viper...then try to start it with the new battery, the alarm may/will shut the car down...only to be started by a "trick" that CANNOT be published. Best to prevent same.

Again, CONGRATS!!!!

Trick is known...no problem

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
because I have a friend collecting all data about 1992 Viper!!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side markers or signal lights someone was talking about are usually located on both sides of the hood near the "Viper R/T10" badging.. I too am somewhat puzzled not to see them present.
And about the antenna, no when driving you don't see it but the "little guy inside my head" would :D

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side markers or signal lights someone was talking about are usually located on both sides of the hood near the "Viper R/T10" badging.. I too am somewhat puzzled not to see them present.
And about the antenna, no when driving you don't see it but the "little guy inside my head" would :D

Yeah I allready thought they should be there, but I have never seen a 92 in real life, out of mine. I thought this was maybe only on the 92's and not on the 93 and further...Else it's just one of a kind!

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is normal on the 92, when I google pictures for rt/10 92, I see on most 92's that it's the same as mine!!

and on this forum in the classifieds I also see 93's and 94's without them lights, so I even think that it may be normal for the first couple of years.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Roy,
Welcome to our Viper World!
Please check your private messages.
VardaMan

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The original antenna and base can still be purchased. I just bought one for my '92. I have an automatic antenna on my Viper but wanted the original parts to place it back to stock at a later date.

James
'92 RT/10 #53