New and Improved photos of the Concept Coupe

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for some good pictures. I'm really surprised and a little disappointed. I thought it would or hoped it would have looked just like the comp coupe in a street legal version. We all add hp and upgrade brakes besides that I do not see enough change in that picture to pay the difference it would be in trading my ACR.

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the rear wheels blown up image, are those what you call dual calipers? There is the normal red Viper caliper in the 2 o'clock position and then there is a smaller black brembo caliper in the 7 o'clock position. This does not exist on the convertible, or does it? Also, if you blow up a picture of the interior dash you will see that the glovebox and the passenger door panel are blue, so I guess the interior is two-tone?

The rear is all about aerodynamics that avoids using a wing.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is the finished product then it will be the first time in automotive history that a convertible looks better than it's coupe counterpart.

I'm saving my money for a comp coupe.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is the finished product then it will be the first time in automotive history that a convertible looks better than it's coupe counterpart.

I'm saving my money for a comp coupe.

First time in history the convertible looked best. You must be joking. I will only give one example. That is the Jag XKE. The hardtop verison (ealier model) had the roof height tall enough for a proper English gentleman with a top hat. The roadster versions looked incredible, and still do 40 years later. There are many other examples of convertibles looking the best but I thought that was the most clear.

But my $0.02 on the concept coupe. Fugly! Looks like a low buck version where no one on the design team had the balls to push the envelope. The transition from the fixed roof to the quarter panel looks like it was designed by my daughter (17 months old). Looks like they had to keep too many of the SRT parts and make do. To do it right they would need a full rear clip (fenders, fascia, etc) so that the parts can blend together. The comp coupe does essentially that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala