New Battery And A Test Drive...***!!!

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never just leave my car at the dealer for any sort of service. I want to ensure the work is done, done properly, and that nobody touches the car except for the mechanic.

Why leave the car at the place for a mere battery replacement? Have heard too many stories similar to yours about people sitting in the car or taking it for a joy ride when it's left that the dealership for service.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, your luck has certainly not been good thus far, I think maybe you should consider putting it in the garage for a while, and get a Saturn, or maybe a KIA
smile.gif

Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Intemperate Disposition:
Well I work for Ford so how bout a Focus Hatchback with a nitrous system???
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There you go!! I bet you even smiled
smile.gif
Unfortunately, since the Viper is such an awesome car, it's hard not to make up some excuse to test drive it...hey, you can't really blame them!! I hope your experiences with your car improve, and you can have the full enjoyment the car should, and truly can provide you. SMILE!!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

ps. Did you at least rid yourself of the problematic woman yet??
laugh.gif

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I actually have to add one comment to this one. When you change the battery, you in fact, end up resetting the computer which leads to erratic idle or no idle, so I think, in a roundabout way, he may, in fact, have a reason to drive to have the computer "re-learn", otherwise you would have been stalling for about the first 10 minutes.

Now, if the dealership would have told you that when you inquired.... you probably would have felt a bit better about it.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know Joe--I was thinking the same thing. But, I can't help but ask why the car was on fumes after a 6 mile ride. Does he leave the car that low on fuel?

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have to repectfully disagree with the experts here. I reset the computer on my car at least once a month. I agree that it can and usually does change the idle. But there is no way that a six mile test drive is going to make a difference. If there were a significant change to the A/F and timing, I believe there would need to be several cyles of on/off before resuming to normal computer function. I do find it interesting that I can sometimes have complete opposite reactions to a computer reset. Sometimes the idle will drop so low that I can hardly keep it running, other times, the throttle will be so smooth and crisp, I feel like resetting it on a daily basis.

Moral - Sit with your darn car if you are going to worry about someone driving it.

Regards,

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you guys changed the battery?!?! Sheesh. I changed mine about two weeks ago and I don't know if I can remember 90 minutes of cursing and saying 'Why the &^*&^# did they do THAT?!'

Still, sounds like your dealer wasn't wonderful.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Intemperate Disposition:
....I'm a ***** and don't know a thing about cars...I work for Ford...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I remember why I haven't driven a Ford lately
smile.gif

(just kidding)

Sounds like you're new dealership choice will take better care of you. In my opinion, you want to have the hot rodders / enthusiasts at the dealership do the work on your car. They generally appreciate and care for your car better than the guy who does it just because it's his job.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 'VIPERESS':
Geez, your luck has certainly not been good thus far, I think maybe you should consider putting it in the garage for a while, and get a Saturn, or maybe a KIA
smile.gif

Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you disrespecting Saturns???

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I always write my Mileage down on the paper and have the service manager sign it. Just for safety. My service manager is a cool guy and he respects the customer.