New Board is now OPEN! Some changes still to be made..

Reaction score
Okay another gripe... I love the new spell check format... but... If the correct word is not on the list you cannot change it example - Exessive - the proper spelling (excessive) is not on the pulldown and you cannot add it. Is that fixable? Also I hit the "Apply" button and nothing changes on the orginal. How does that work?

Also....I was thinking that even though you can't change it with a dropdown...at least it lets you know it is spelt wrong. :) Work in progress!! :)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember how nice it was to be able to look at the index of posts and see who posted last on any given topic?
I would rather see who posted last than who started the topic/

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The spell checker will not apply the changes to the typed text.
I have seen it work since you changed to the new board but as of this morning it is not working.

Reaction score
Remember how nice it was to be able to look at the index of posts and see who posted last on any given topic?
I would rather see who posted last than who started the topic

You know what Joe....let me know when you are ready to do the work! You complain more than my wife...and I've held my tongue long enough. I see more tears coming from you than a toddler who lost his teddy bear! What you want....doesn't interest me now. You complain, and complain....

Oh, I have all the code needed to do what you want...but now I think I have to turn my attention to living my life, doing my job....and I'll get to your issue when I have time.

Funny thing...I was on the phone to Ben Beckert last night and he explained how he wished the board did a certain thing. As we spoke, I did the keyboard jockey thing and before we hung up I asked him to take a look! Luckily...what he wanted took a mere minute or two...

Now, what you want requires me to find at least an hour to sit down and make the changes...then make sure it all works. That was not possible last night. Obviously, if you have the free time (and you do because you have not posted one single thing except complaints)...I'll send you the files and you can do the work.

I know...I should have ignored this and moved it to the right location.....Cry me a river buddy! In all the posts...I mean complaints you have posted...we have always replied to you. But you never had the common courtesy to reply to our replies...you just post new complaint threads about the same thing. Most likely a troll.

Whew...I feel better. Michael...please delete that zip file I sent you the other day.

Hey....where is my loli-pop!?!?!?!?!?! :confused: :(

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needed to be said, Tony. I sent him a PM about his whining posts and he ignored it and posted some more.

In addition to us working over the weekend on the conversion, I spent most of yesterday writing more scripts to covert over things that hadnt been planned (like ***). Guys like this make me think "I'll just do it later."

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received no PM from anyone about my posts. Perhaps I don't know how to receive them now.

If you didn't want people telling you what was wrong and what they wanted, why didn't you post something telling people as much. Here's what you told one guy..

"I'm with you Bonks!! It sure isn't in the "sweet spot", but we'll be working on it to get it there. I'd like for it to automatically update the message box as well.....and to win the lottery....and.....world peace!! You can gripe all you want...we only want what you want. Sometimes we get grumpy and I apologize if/when that happens!"

Seeing this, I figured that it was not only OK to tell you what we want and what isn't working, it sounded like that was what you wanted.

Giving me a hard time about pointing out the problems seems like a cheap shot. I was only trying to help. I won't give you any more feedback unless you ask for it.

Again, I received no PM from anyone.

Thanks for all your work getting the board changed over to the new format. I like using the VCA board and I plan to keep using it. I don't want any trouble or bad feeling to be caused by what I believe is a misunderstanding concerning what kind of feedback you wanted. Thanks, Joe Moraski

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You know what Joe....let me know when you are ready to do the work! You complain more than my wife...yada yada yada....

Okay I think we need a new web guy here... this one appears to have finally snapped. :)

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chalk it up to late nights/long hours.

Joe came across not in a helpful manner, but in a complaining tone. We repeatedly asked people to be patient - we know what features are missing, we said it would take a little time to get them straightened out. Hell, the subject of this message says it all "Some changes still to be made".

Having said that, posting about the lack of a spell check within hours of being on the new system didnt come across as someone being "patient".

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Joe came across not in a helpful manner, but in a complaining tone."

Are you worrried about the TONE or that Joe is not HELPFUL????
What would you like to him to DO in either case?

I read Joe's post and found nothing unusual. No need to go and hammer him.

Hammer me or Bonkers :p .
Guys, time to cool down....

Lauri

Reaction score
"Joe came across not in a helpful manner, but in a complaining tone."

Are you worrried about the TONE or that Joe is not HELPFUL????
What would you like to him to DO in either case?

I read Joe's post and found nothing unusual. No need to go and hammer him.

Hammer me or Bonkers :p .
Guys, time to cool down....

Lauri

MORE SNOW for you!!!! :) JK!! As stated elsewhere...the "tone" takes on a completely different tone after the same question has been asked, then answered, more than once....all without any reply from the original author acknowledging the fact that we have heard, and are working diligently. :) I could post here "Why is your car red?", then go post in another area, all without bothering to read your reply. After a spell it would take on a different tone. Anyway....as stated elsewhere (again)....water under the bridge. :) Still...MORE SNOW for you!! LOL Stay warm!!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear the "who posted last" is on the way. I was kinda blah on the layout until I switched to a different theme and now everything is peachy!

It just takes time to adjust, we went through this crap last time the board was changed. Remember the "viper bar and grill" :rofl: that was a funny thread.

The changes are going to improve this board, it has proven that on other boards I visit that utilize the same software.

Keep up the great work guys, and when you aren't too busy can you come up with a way for me to get a viper? Thanks.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"MORE SNOW for you!!!!"

NO, NO, NO!!!!! Had enough of the white stuff.....
At least if I go outside, I'll stay cool, Hah, Haa..... :p

Thanks for the modifications, looks great even if I have to learn everything again and all looks different.

Have a great day!
Lauri

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony or Mike,
how do i post pics?
what happended to my 20 pics that i used to be able to just get the code for?
Not complaining just not sure how.
Thanks for your efforts
<font color="yellow"> JIM </font>

Reaction score
Tony or Mike,
how do i post pics?
what happended to my 20 pics that i used to be able to just get the code for?
Not complaining just not sure how.
Thanks for your efforts
<font color="yellow"> JIM </font>

Those iimages are still there....the interface is just not done yet. :) Hang in there. Work goes slowly (for me at least) during the week. Working a "real job" now leaves less time at night. :(

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
no hurry; no worry!
At least they are there and eventually i will post a ton of cheesy yellow pics ;)
again! :D

gotta love the
<font color="yellow">Yellow!! </font>

best wishes
JIM

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: QUICK REPLY

Tony our most gracious and humble servant (don't want to get snow wished on me or anything :) ), am I correct that there is no longer a way to search for keywords appearing in the title of a thread? Also, am I correct that searching "By Display Name" works the same way the former "By Author" (or was it "By Poster"?) did, i.e., it finds posts by a particular poster? Thanks for your hard work guys, and sorry if I missed the answers to these questions somewhere!

Reaction score

1000 snowflakes in your general direction.... :)

Seriously, the search function is somewhat different to be certain. "By display name" is just what you thought. I am working on adding some features to the search feature that will make it a little more familiar and user-friendly (I hope)! Search by username and keyword.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score

I would like to extend a personal thank you to both Tony and Michael for their excellent work on the conversion.

Both have put in many hours making this a fine place. The new software rocks, and allows for many changes/integration down the road.

One of the unseen advantages, the new Record Keeper uses this forums Database for usernames. Soon, you will be able to use the same username/password EVERYWHERE on the site.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Ditto as well!

Thanks Guys! AWESOME JOB!

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks, guys. Seems to be a never ending job; but theres a good group of people behind the scenes (including Don who does some layouts!)

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One thing that used to bug me was when the pulldown forum menu used to get hidden behind the banner ads. Great job putting it in the forefront it really makes it easier to jump around the forums. The new site is AWESOME!!

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great!!

I am able to enlarge some of the Avatars but not all of them, like on the old board. Why is this??

P.S. Keep up the good work

Reaction score
Looks Great!!

I am able to enlarge some of the Avatars but not all of them, like on the old board. Why is this??

P.S. Keep up the good work

Just work in progress. :) All of the usernames are stored a bit differently and I am trying new ways to make it work...and make it easy on me at the same time. So far, progress has been good...but I have hit a little stumbling block and need to re-work some of the code. :)

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony and Mike,
do i have access to my pics from the old board?
if so, how?
I appricate your efforts and please do not take this request as a complant.
best wishes
JIM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62