New CAAP Pics!!!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys....toured the plant yesterday and took some pics to share with you all. Lots of "skittles" going down the line!!! Maybe some of these are some of your cars. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few more....

OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet a few more...

OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brian, Did you find your LE or what the hold up is?

Yes, I found it....and brought her home! MANY thanks to John Gastman at Roanoke, SRT, and all the great folks at the plant for making this possible. If you haven't yet toured the plant since Gen V production began, keep your eyes peeled for group tours or try to put one together. You will be amazed of the changes if you have toured before. This plant is TRULY DEDICATED to quality control, helping the environment, and are also directly involved with charity. They even planted a garden in the front lawn where the staff can plant vegetation on their own time....and they donate all the food to charity. Way cool! There are a lot of dedicated and good hearted folks involved with these cars and I am definitely proud to support them. Go Viper! :2tu:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratulations!!! please write a review of your new machine when u have the opportunity.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I sent them an email asking about a tour and the lady said we never do/allow tours and nothing ever happened through her! I've seen plenty of folks doing tours but couldn't figure how to :( shame now I'm way far from Detroit.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA coordinates the tours. Even my buddy who is employed by Chrysler (in management) was told to go talk to the VCA about setting up a tour.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is way to cool, Go to the plant and drive it home. Got to do that on my next one!
Yes, I found it....and brought her home! MANY thanks to John Gastman at Roanoke, SRT, and all the great folks at the plant for making this possible. If you haven't yet toured the plant since Gen V production began, keep your eyes peeled for group tours or try to put one together. You will be amazed of the changes if you have toured before. This plant is TRULY DEDICATED to quality control, helping the environment, and are also directly involved with charity. They even planted a garden in the front lawn where the staff can plant vegetation on their own time....and they donate all the food to charity. Way cool! There are a lot of dedicated and good hearted folks involved with these cars and I am definitely proud to support them. Go Viper! :2tu:

OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratulations!!! please write a review of your new machine when u have the opportunity.

Okay, I have only driven it about 20 miles. Having had a Gen II, Gen IV, and now the Gen V, there are several things I noticed right away. Some of these probably sound silly, but oh well. :) I'll get more detailed after I drive it a bit more this week.

- It revs much faster than prior generations.
- It is the best sounding stock Viper I have ever heard.
- The car feels SO TIGHT and much less squirrely.
- The shifter is phenomenal. It's very smooth and love the short throws!!!
- The door closes are quieter and seem more solid.
- The difference between street and race mode suspension is night and day. The car rides very smooth in street mode. If you close your eyes, you would not think you were riding in a Viper.
- You can lift the hood with one finger.
- OMG the interior...really feels like you are driving a very high end sports car....well, I guess I am.
- The touch screen interface is very well designed and I love how you can configure your gauges. It is full of features.
- Okay, the 18 speaker sounds system sounds AMAZING. Lots of low end bass and a nice mid-range.
- The steering wheel is nice and thick....feels really nice in your grip.
- The seat fitment is perfect for me. I'm 5' 11" and slim. I did not notice the seats being hard as others have mentioned, but I have only been in the car 20 miles.
- I'm impressed so far.

More to come next week....

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for sharing. Very exciting stuff. also good to hear comparisons between multi generation models from a repeat owner. looking forward to additional comments. enjoy!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian Would you have a higher res version for image 0774. I believe that Red/Black car is mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper