NEW ENGLAND DYNO DAY - AUGUST 4th IN WORCESTER

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, New Englanders....

There have been some changes in the club recently, and we've gotten off to a late start for this season, BUT, it's going to be a GREAT SEASON of Viper activities!

We will have our fall foliage run, and we will also have a scenic cruise later this year. We're going to do some more "Active" things also, including a drag racing day, and an autocross day. HOWEVER, the next thing is

DYNO DAY!

The guys at New England Dyno in Worcester, MA have offered up their facility for a great event. The fun starts at 10am, and will include giveaway goodies (and they are good goodies), a fun-filled day or dynoing (let's see who'se got the most venemous snake!) and we will have a barbecue.

All current New England members will be receiving a mailer in the next few days about this event. You DO NOT need to pre-register, but I would appreciate a headcount so I can plan how much food to bring.

If you want to dyno your car, the cost will be about $75 (exact costs will be in the flyer). The food and BBQ is on the house. If you DO NOT want to dyno your car, COME ON DOWN anyways and meet the folks in the club, have some food, and enjoy a great day of Viper camaraderie.

Watch your mailboxes! This is our first big event, and it's going to be a great time!

If you are NOT a current member, NOW IS THE TIME to sign up! Contact our region officers to get signed up - there is still time to get registered before this event. You can email me at [email protected] and I will make sure you get registered in time.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a great time, guys. Bring a set of "R" hooks that you use when you trailer your cars - makes it easier for the dyno guys to strap the cars down, and no risk of frame damage.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been in touch... I flew to Mississippi on Friday to pick up my new motorcycle and just got back last night, so I haven't caught up with all my email yet. I have about 50 messages, but I will get through them today - I promise
smile.gif

I'm happy to see so much interest in the event - it's going to be a great time. For those that are on the fence about dynoing, or who aren't sure what it involves, here's the deal...

You drive your car in, and the back wheels are placed on large rollers. They attach a couple of straps to the frame at the back (don't worry - they don't damage anything), and they put chocks under your front wheels. Then they get you going in 4th gear at around 1500-2000RPM. Then you hit the gas (just floor it) until about 5500-6000RPM (basically until you hit redline) and then that is your dyno run. This is NOT stressful on the car - much less stressful than running through a couple of gears on the street. It's a whole heck of a lot of fun to see what your car does, and YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR ON THE DYNO! If you don't want to drive your car on the dyno, you can have the guys at New England Dyno do it for you.

For those who are sure they DON'T want to dyno, come on down anyways. I am going to arrange a caravan down there for whomever wants to attend, and we will have a BBQ once there - it's a lot of fun, even if you don't want to do the actual dyno runs. This is a very casual event - you don't need to get there exactly as we start (for those that have other commitments) and you can take off early if you have other things to do. I'd like to see as many snakes there as possible!
smile.gif

More to come - I will post the details of the caravan shortly, including directions for those who are going directly there, and the times, etc.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember folks, we are ON for tomorrow.

Cost is $75 to dyno your car, and the food/drinks are FREE.

We will meet up at the rest stop on I-495 southbound side just south of I-93 at 8:30-9am. At 9am, we head down to New England Dyno (www.nedyno.com) in Worcester to dyno our cars!

It's going to be fun!

If anyone needs to get a hold of me, my cell # is 978-828-6461 - call anytime - I will have it on me tonight and tomorrow.

If you are going there alone, the address is 7 Lenora St, Worcester, MA. Their phone # is 508-752-5557 if you need to get in touch with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi