New England VCA - Pig Roast @ Wally's this Sunday, OCT 1st

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England VCA - Pig Roast @ Wally\'s this Sunday, OCT 1st

The New England Viper Club has been invited to join the Pantera Owners of New England this Sunday October 1st for a Pig Roast at Wally's.

Back by popular demand. The annual Pig Roast at Wally Baldyga's place hosted by Wally and PONE. Wally's place is central to most of us in New England and the Fall Colors are spectacular at this time of the year. Don't miss this event - We have had a large number of Cobra, Viper, Pantera and other high performance cars at this event in the past. Wally's farm is located at 1970 Mountain Road, West Suffield Connecticut. "I will remind you that PONE is sponsering this event at no cost. We just want cars and people... and to have some fun."- Jim Wallace / President PONE

Please contact me ASAP if your interested in attending. Then I can put together the appropriate meeting spots along the way to CT. [email protected] or my cell phone 603-234-8898

Thanks,-Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New England VCA - Pig Roast @ Wally\'s this Sunday, OCT 1st

Wally Balydga's farm is located at 1970 Mountain Road, West Suffield Connecticut. 1:00 PM until everyone goes home. We have hired a professional caterer to roast a pig, do corn on the cob and prepare an end of summer cook out for us. We will rescue Jim from Iowa so he can run the PONE gasoline powered daiquiri blender - See Jim wrestle a two horsepower blender to the ground in hand to hand combat. A sight to behold. Worth the price of admission - especially since it is free.

Dave Champion, director of Consumers Union Auto Research center will bring something interesting. Who knows, we might even fire up the PONE Express, PONE's race car that has been clocked somewhere in the vicinity of 200 miles per hour. Keep your eyes on www.panteraownersnewengland.com for future events too. You guys are always welcome.

See you on Sunday - if it rains bring a car with the top up. We will have tents set up. This will be a good event. We have been getting a good response.

Forest / VP PONE

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New England VCA - Pig Roast @ Wally\'s this Sunday, OCT 1st

I had 6 Vipers confirmed on friday. The weather turned to rain, so members elected to stay home. I was determined to make the event rain or shine. My Viper leaks pretty good so I elected to take my Lotus Esprit.

I had never met Wally but knew going in that he has been associated with the Pantera Community for over 30 years. I got there early so Wally gave me a tour of the garage. The 200 MPH DeTomaso Pantera with the engine out for a rebuild. Stories of Ferrari Owners gettin' wooped on the track, pictures with Carrol Shelby, etc.

As members arrived bringing coolers full of refreshments. Things to go with the Roasting Pork, Prime Rib, Corn on the Cob, Summer Squash, Baked Potatoes, and Salad.

I met quite a few characters, old car guys (gearheads). A very relaxed atmosphere, It was a great day...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen