New guy doing some research!

krambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick introduction...

I am in a position where I can purchase a Viper (maybe an ACR) however I always do a ton of research before pulling the trigger. Really like the 08+. I will be lurking and searching on this site for my answers and when I do purchase, I will be modding as I can't leave a stock vehicle alone! :2tu:

I am no stranger to auto forums (on many and even a Moderator on two). My fastest toy right now is a heavily modified street legal 2003 AWD Silverado SS to the tune of 1000HP. All the install, custom fabrication to make it work and the PCM tuning was done by myself in my garage. Couple of pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

IDLE clip!

Look forward being a long time forum member!

V

Venomiss

Welcome!

Check out the site and sounds like you might have been bitten by the Viper.
When spring arrives be sure and get with a local group close to you and get some information firsthand and meet some viper owners. Left you a PM with some ideas to start.
Happy hunting!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome...If you are indeed looking for an 08 ACR, i know of a 5 mile new 08.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your check engine light is on. LOL

wicked sounding truck! If you're a heavy modder, you might look at an '06 or something. There isn't a lot to do on the Gen-4's just yet.

OP
OP
K

krambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Like I said, I am still doing some research. I do like to mod like crazy however with 3 kids, I am slowing down and looking for some "out of the box" performance, hence the Viper desire. Dare I say I was looking into a new CTSV as well :pile:

The check engine light was due to the fact I intentially failed the MAF to tune the VE table in Speed Density mode. I neglected to delete the code on the last reflash of the PCM. There are no lights now and passes emissions inspection easily...its amazing what you can do with some good tuning software. When the inspection inspection guys heard the lumpy cam they bet me the cost of inspection that it would fail, bad move on their part.

I am looking into the available tuning software for the Vipers and am a little upset at the choices. Coming from the GM world, you can do ANYTHING with SEVERAL tuning software choices. ...need to do some more searching and investigating...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang