New Guy - Quick Introduction

pjkinsella

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Patrick.

Brand new forum member, but I've been lurking here for a while. Researching, and checking the classifieds daily. I'm a huge car nut and I'm looking to get into a Viper as soon as I find the right deal.

Quick back story: My first "performance" car was a Saturn Ion Redline (I know, just chuckle, but I was in college and had zero money). I loved the little bit of extra power and enjoyed modding it myself. This led me down the expensive road I'm still traveling... As soon as I got a decent job, I sold it and got an Evo IX, which I loved and still miss. Then I sold that to get a C6 Vette (she was a beaut.). Then I sold that and got a BMW 335i (quick car, and cheap to make respectable power). That leads me to today: I've sold the BMW and I'm on the prowl for a Viper.

GTS or SRT, you ask? I haven't a clue; I change my mind daily!! I love the looks of the GTS, but there are upsides to a newer SRT as well...you guys know the story even better than I. It will probably come down to whatever deal I come across.

As a side note, I've been pondering things I can do to get away from my day job. One thing that has come to mind is the possibility of reverse engineering hard to find, or obsolete automotive parts. With the advances in 3D scanning and printing, and accessibility of machine shops, I think this could be helpful to folks with classic cars. Anyone here have any thoughts on this? I may post something in the Gen 2 pointed topic related to this.

Anyway, I look forward to joining the ranks of the 8 liter crew some day soon!!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Show us pics of whatever you end up with. And I like the idea on the obsolete parts business.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool! Hope you get a snake soon and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here!:)

OP
OP
P

pjkinsella

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I very well might have found The One. Stay tuned...

If so, I might be in the market for some OEM 5-spokes. ;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you buy one boosted make sure to get it thoroughly checked out first with leakdown test

OP
OP
P

pjkinsella

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Literally just picked her up last night.

She needs some paint work. Has the "typical" paint bubbling issues and a few scrapes and issue here and there. Everything seems to be cosmetic. Temps were getting up to 225F or so on the way home though, so I got a bit worried. Need to check the coolant level.

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on finally picking up your Viper! There are a lot of tutorials and how-tos in these forums. Some of them are open to the public, but some are only visible to a Viper Club of America member. You might consider becoming one, now that you have your Viper, to have access to ALL that the club can offer. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact VCA support. Again, congrats and we can't wait to see her!