New Headers on the Market

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are about two weeks away from debuting our new long tube burns collector coated headers.these will be avail. in 1 7/8"....1 7/8" to 2" stepped and a complete 2"..these will be equal length tuned headers.I have prepared my flame suite for the lowend loss speach.........we have found not only substantial high end gains but also great low end #s on naturally aspirated and especially supercharged cars.This will be a complete system to the cats.How many Viper headers on the market are tuned ?(equal length)These will be a very easy install with no need to raise motor or even loosen a motormount....More info to come

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would do the before and after Dyno post on all the Viper sites for a good deal , my 97 Blue & White GTS needs headers Bad!!
We may be able to work out a deal.as far as cost.i am working on it.I can tell you that quality and performance wise these will not even be in the same league as edelbrock ect. as they are a much longer tube header with equal length primarys(tuned) and a much better collector.plus they will have primary sizes to match your build.I will offer three sets at 10% above cost.first will be to a canidate with stock heads for the 1 7/8".2nd set will be for canidate with headwork(reputable)that will be 1 7/8" to 2" stepped.3rd will be for S.Cd with 2" primarys.all canidates will be required to have no cats or just a bullit muffler in place of the cats.No disrespect or flame intended but we have done much research and testing on the subject and believe that these will prove to be an amazing asset to the viper community.We custom built a set of 2" headers for a northcentral fla. VCA member w/a blue/whte 97 w/borla catback and k&Ns w/tubes as his only mods(Dr Gary in zepherhills)2 weeks after the install he attended a N.central fla dyno days event w/478rwhp.So needless to say the gains w/heads/cam cars and S.Cd cars will be rewarding. And yes they will be coated

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may be able to work out a deal.as far as cost.i am working on it.I can tell you that quality and performance wise these will not even be in the same league as edelbrock ect. as they are a much longer tube header with equal length primarys(tuned) and a much better collector.plus they will have primary sizes to match your build.I will offer three sets at 10% above cost.first will be to a canidate with stock heads for the 1 7/8".2nd set will be for canidate with headwork(reputable)that will be 1 7/8" to 2" stepped.3rd will be for S.Cd with 2" primarys.all canidates will be required to have no cats or just a bullit muffler in place of the cats.No disrespect or flame intended but we have done much research and testing on the subject and believe that these will prove to be an amazing asset to the viper community.We custom built a set of 2" headers for a northcentral fla. VCA member w/a blue/whte 97 w/borla catback and k&Ns w/tubes as his only mods(Dr Gary in zepherhills)2 weeks after the install he attended a N.central fla dyno days event w/478rwhp.So needless to say the gains w/heads/cam cars and S.Cd cars will be rewarding. And yes they will be coated

Put me down as your guinea pig in category 1. I have stock heads and my car is sufficating with these stock headers. Sounds like an exciting new product even for the creampuffs.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97 has stock manifolds, no cats,(straight pipe), and Dynomax race straight through mufflers , stock heads , alum. flywheel , kevlar clutch, Mopar perf. computer , K&N's and tubes. That is all the mods so far except my polished intake from Elite Motorsports .

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed,

What do you think the gains would be for someone switching from one brand header to yours? In my case, I am using the Borla/Mopar 1 5/8" with matching catback and highflow cats.

My current power levels are in my sig.

This would be a large part of your market considering most have bolt-ons already.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need... more.... info....

Cost, of course. Is the collector 3"? Is the turn out solid pipe or flex pipe? Will it bolt right up to a hi flow cat, say, like a Random Tech? You have piqued my curiosity.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first headers available will be a 1 7/8" to 2" stepped,equal length long tube with a 3" burns collector with a flex pipe and will be avail.w/bolt style flange to the cat or standard 3" I.D we are expecting great gains with these headers with both modified and stock Vipers.We will also be considering a trade in program for your existing aftermarket headers...more info to come

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott,
how important is it to have the flex pipe? They typically don't flow very well. Wouldn't it be better to have a properly bent 3" pipe(where it bolts up the the header and turns)?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any update? The dealer should be getting my engine back from Arrow in the next two weeks.... I want to get some headers for them to install.... when reinstalling the engine!

PM me with some details if you can... I am located in Jacksonville Florida.

Thanks, Lance

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any update yet? I see that you posted info on other parts can you give us an update on the headers?

Thanks,
Lance
Sorry Lance

we have two prototypes out now and will be taking orders for immediate delivery by late next week

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed,

What do you think the gains would be for someone switching from one brand header to yours? In my case, I am using the Borla/Mopar 1 5/8" with matching catback and highflow cats.

My current power levels are in my sig.

This would be a large part of your market considering most have bolt-ons already.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater
I will say that with stepped headers and longer primaries you will get low and high end gains.to make it worth while to change from the headers you already have.I would honestly have to say on a stock motor may not be worth the the extra expense.As far as cars that have modified heads and S.Cs they would benefit the most.If you have future internal mod plans this lays great ground work without sacraficing lowend torque.Hope this helps.....Scott

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me a message as soon as you have a price... and availability. I need headers on my new Arrow Rebuild... since the best time to install is when the new engine goes in.... well... I need the headers!

Thanks in advance,
Lance

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave