New Jeff Lemke Hardtop pics

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by JB/SRT, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bigmike32172

bigmike32172 Viper Owner

LMAO!

2. rblong

rblong Viper Owner

Damn that is nice - we have the same car other than I have the chrome tips on my pipes. How is the head clearance? I know my helmet almost touches with my vert top. Does it use the same monting lever?

3. JB/SRT

JB/SRT Enthusiast

Good question rblong. The head clearance is a little tighter than the canvas top. I'm 5'10" and have about a finger width clearance, which is slightly less than the canvas. With the canvas top and helmet on, I kinda have to slump in the seat. The 2" lowering kit is in my near future, primarily for helmet comfort, if there is such a thing! The primary front buckle uses the same attachment pin at the windshield.

4. Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR Viper Owner

Top is looking really great Jeff. Be sure and mention they'll work on the 2008's too :cool: That's my thought. Buy one and keep it for the 08 when I get one :2tu:

Hafe joking but, half serious. Could you do a vinyl faux rear window defogger? I'd like the factory look but never use a real one. Just a thought.

5. black mamba1

black mamba1 Viper Owner

That top looks great. But if I wanted a hard top I would have bought a coupe. Nothing looks better on a sports car than a rag top to me. I am curious though, is part of the reason you guys buy the hardtop is b/c of some track not letting the conv. top cars run?

6. JB/SRT

JB/SRT Enthusiast

Why? Simple answer - it looks good, and comes off whenever you want. Kinda two cars in one. 1/4 mile tracks that I have been to let verts run. Only requirement is a roll bar if times are below 11s I think.

7. black mamba1

black mamba1 Viper Owner

I dunno, I still think the rag top looks much better. I believe most people think that; which is why rag tops cost more, in some cases up to 100k more for the Lambo's and Ferrari's vs the coupe. The rag tops says "I am fast as hell and I can still enjoy an open cockpit and bring in the sunshine!" I think the coupe just says, "I am fast as hell."

8. Schulmann

Schulmann Enthusiast

My wife always wanted a covertible SRT but I never liked them.
    I think I will start to look for a convertible SRT10 with this hardtop they look great. In addition the new VEC3 fixes a couple of small issues ... Finally the SRT10 got the right packaging for me !

9. Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR Viper Owner

One exception is the Aston Martin. I think the DB9 coupe is about $250,000 and the vert is $150,000.

10. JB/SRT

JB/SRT Enthusiast

black mamba 1, you would like my car better today. The hard top is on the top rack in my shop, ragtop is down, and heading to Austin in this great weather. Took about 2 minutes to take off the top and put it away, ready for it's next event. Sort of like hanging up the slacks, and getting out the jeans.

11. Racer Robbie

Racer Robbie Viper Owner

Without a doubt that top is the best I gave seen and it makes the car. I love it. Can they finish the inside of the top in a leather headliner and does the glass have a working defroster?

12. black mamba1

black mamba1 Viper Owner

ok, I know u guys are gonna wanna shoot me for saying this, but I think that hard top makes the SRT 10 look Corvette-ish. I think that is why the SRT Coupe has other significant design changes, to make it distinct. Also, why deal w/ the added weight of the hard top? I think that hard top makes the SRT 10 looks unique, but only to other SRT 10 owners. I think the general public will mistake the car for a Vette at first glance. I am not trying to be difficult, but I guess outside of personal taste (vastly outside of DC design) I see absolutely no reason to put that thing on an otherwise flawless and beautiful SRT 10.

13. JB/SRT

JB/SRT Enthusiast

Racer Robbie - yes, the defroster is functional with the optional glass, which this one has.

black mamba 1 - You don't like it. So noted.

14. Racer Robbie

Racer Robbie Viper Owner

For me it gives it a British look. Will they do a leather headliner?

15. Nader

Nader Viper Owner

it looks good in the pics, but must look unbelievable in person. From the looks of it and looks of the Street Serpent he created, he can some amazing things. Jeff how about a nice airbox that actually seals.

16. JGK95

JGK95 Enthusiast

Jeff,

The top looks great! It looks factory-like as if it was always there and sold with the car as an option.

Congrats on the Excellent work!

Jay K.

17. Jeff Lemke

Jeff Lemke Viper Owner

Wow.

Thanks guys.

Jeff

18. ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS Viper Owner

I would love to get a Yellow 2005 stripe it and have Jeff put the street serpent kit on it and his hardtop. What do you guys think?? My 06 bee only has 25 miles on it with all the plastic still on it!!! :nana: :nana:

19. black mamba1

black mamba1 Viper Owner

Actually I think the top is gorgeous, its just not for me. Looks like Jeff did a really good job with it however, impressive.

20. Jeff Lemke

Jeff Lemke Viper Owner

I know I'm biased, but I love the SS kit. Yellow with stripes would look great.

Jeff

21. JeremyS

JeremyS Viper Owner

WOW!!!!!!!! that looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! great top, great look.... congratulation!!!!!! That being said how easy was it "really" to install? could any Tom, Dick or Harry do it? How long did it take to put on? How long would it take to take off? etc. you might have just solved my question as far as what to do. get a blue convertible, have it striped white by a GREAT shop.... buy the hard top and get that striped as well. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS?

22. YellowViperSRT10

YellowViperSRT10 Enthusiast

I wish you had pics of this on a lighter color car to show the lines better.

23. JB/SRT

JB/SRT Enthusiast

JeremyS, the top takes as long to put on as to take off - about 2 minutes with someone to help - haven't tried it alone yet.

24. Ozzy

Ozzy Enthusiast

Where to buy?

25. TalonTSi90

TalonTSi90 Enthusiast

10 year thread necro?

26. 97fatboy

97fatboy Viper Owner

Hey, that's my old car.

Attached Files:

27. viper k

viper k Viper Owner

I think the hard top on the vert looks better than the coupes very nice !!!

28. viper k

viper k Viper Owner

I think with the hardtop it make the viper better looking than the coupe love it very nice !!!!!

29. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Viper Owner

Keep your eye on eBay and the Viper Facebook pages. They come up for sale occasionally.