New Khumos XS from Parts Rack WOW

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man have you seen these new street Khumos yet? Finally a lower priced alternative for 17 inch gen 1 & 2 owners. Man they look NASTY! NOTHING like in teh pictures online. I hope they go as good as they look. I will have them mounted tommorow & give a report.

Found them on Tire rack but decided to see if Parts rack carried them. ordered them on friday & the UPS man just dropped them off on monday. Save some $$ over tire rack & no 7% GA tax.

Thanks Jon for the great service & I'll give you a report as soon as I can.

Reaction score
Very nice tires I have worn out mine in 4800 miles this summer, but they worked well most of the time and even the track days they wore perfect on my setup. Too bad they are not going to make the 345/19 anymore. :mad:

Not sure what I will run next summer, may just run the A6 Hoosiers all the time :D.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TNX PDM........ anxious to have some more 'track-rat' feedback.....on nstreet use this time.

MARK !! Hoosiers?! If YOU drive any other performance tire than KUMHO your skin could itch.....your cheeks may explode... (all 4!!)

Unfortunately, our margins on Hoosier STINK......... I can only save you about $10, and for those who have to pay sales tax (not Mark) I can erase your 7-9% taxes...... Tahnks

Unfortunately, Kumho cannot be convinced to re-release any street 345-19" (rear) tires for 168+mph cars....

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
s.o.b., i was planning on trying out those XS's for my next change on my 19's...:(

Reaction score
LOL I know, I know, but I like the $$$ I get from Hoosier for Solo and Pro Solo! Do have much love for The K brand though. :headbang:

TNX PDM........ anxious to have some more 'track-rat' feedback.....on nstreet use this time.

MARK !! Hoosiers?! If YOU drive any other performance tire than KUMHO your skin could itch.....your cheeks may explode... (all 4!!)

Unfortunately, our margins on Hoosier STINK......... I can only save you about $10, and for those who have to pay sales tax (not Mark) I can erase your 7-9% taxes...... Tahnks

Unfortunately, Kumho cannot be convinced to re-release any street 345-19" (rear) tires for 168+mph cars....

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jon, when i tried to PM you, i get this...*** ?

JonB - PartsRack has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove JonB - PartsRack from the recipient list and send the message again.

MORE than half of all PM's are wasted if you dont turn on your PM'ing priveledges.... :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
jon, when i tried to PM you, i get this...?
MORE than half of all PM's are wasted if you dont turn on your PM'ing priveledges....

FUNNY !!

*** dont work for me.......they get wasted/ignored.....I used to have them years ago...The alerts dominated my keybord or screen, and work poorly with both our web store and Quickbooks programs. Emails are easier to organize and pend and easier to stay on top of. Better - faster overall service. *** were my litter-box. Bad for service......

Please Just keep getting me the way you have since your first mail in Aug 2003?

Reaction score
Whazzabout K-V-710? 305-18 + 335-19 Avail NOW....you know the tire.....

Jon,
I ran through 4 sets of these this summer also and they are a GREAT tire even if the 335 is all you can get. The thing I'm looking at is the contingency money I have lost since they pulled all support for my SCCA stuff. I used to not have to buy tires "thanks KUMHO and I miss ya!" Now I do and can subsidize my habit with free tires from Hoosier if I run well. Plus as you stated there are no real discounts to be had on a more expensive tire.

The other reason for the switch is I NEED the 345/18 they have to put any of my power down well and I have the 315 or 335 to choose from for the front. :2tu:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Jon, How much for a set for a Gen II? on 17's?