New member on board

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I don't have the viper car, I'm a truck guy. Just found this site and have been poking around a bit. Hopefully us truck guys are welcome. I noticed there isn't a specific area for us to post, so figured I'd introduce myself here. Look forward to being able to add something to the board. I'm a mopar only guy, mostly into old cars, but have a few SRT vehicles. Next summer I plan on picking up my first viper car.

My truck is pretty simple. Upgraded internals, JM heads, top mount twin screw SC, belangers, 3" pipe all the way back, magnaflow exhaust, suncoast billet tranny, methanol injection, VEC controlled, new dana to allow for slicks and a few other things I'm missing I'm sure.

Roe Racing has done the tuning an instal of the components. I have to say I have enjoyed my experience with them. This has been a long build with a lot of issues (all tranny related). My truck was the first truck to get a TMTS SC and Sean did an amazing job. His new intake manifold for the truck is insane. I actually gained 4mpg on the interstate when doing 90 with the AC on (get 14.5mpg). They have gone beyond the call a few times and I can't express my appreciation enough. I pick my truck up next week for the final time. I had taken it back this week to have a bigger pulley put on just to see what boost we could get out of it. I'm hoping to hit the 10's in the 1/4. We carry 6000lbs, so it won't be easy. Indy Cylinder Head built my motor.

Look forward to answering any questions people may have about the trucks and can't wait to educate myself more on the cars.

OP
OP

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new to the board and haven't looked at how they host pictures here. I'm traveling right now and will post some up a bit later.

OP
OP

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the big boat, the QC. The QC's all have auto's and the RC's 6 speeds. I weighed at the track one day, was 5800lbs with me in it and less than 1/4 tank of fuel.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to have you on VCA

10's for vehicle that weight would be something.

What is the hp and torque.

OP
OP

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're having issues dyno'ing it with the transmission. It just doesn't like giving a readout. I'm not really sure to be honest with you. We could only get a 2.5 second read out. Which was worthless. I just took it out on their airport strip and ran it there for the tune. I despise dyno's. They aren't real world and last time I checked you couldn't race one :) .

Before the bigger pulley and other little adjustments I ran at my local 1/8th mile. Since I was on street tires I just walked it for 150' then slowly brought in boost and got it up to full boost around 250'. I ran 93mph, which is roughly 7.20's in the 1/8. That's mid 11's in the 1/4. Now running more boost, bringing it at the start, a set of 13/32's, some weight reduction, cold air and we're going to be hauling ass. I need to hit 100mph in the 1/8th ideally. With my 4.56's I'm going to lose mph as I go. I have a feeling I'll be throwing in 4.10's to help the traction issue I'm planning on having. I can't wait to start testing.

OP
OP

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would post in my sig, but I guess I have to do a certain number of post are something. Here is my list:

05 SRT-10QC very fast
SRT8 Magnum
SRT-6 Crossfire Convertible
05 Hemi Durango
1946 Dodge Panel Wagon
1950 Nash Ambassador
1951 Nash Airflyte (just sold, but haven't left yet)
61 dodge seneca
62 imperial convertible
63 dodge 880 9 passenger wagon
1965 Chrysler 300L (just sold, but haven't left yet)
65 barracuda
71 Dodge Demon 440

Two 71 duster race cars one a 383 other 360.

My father is Herb McCandless from the Sox & Martin days. Been around drag racing my whole life. If I owned anything but a mopar, I'd be killed. :)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would post in my sig, but I guess I have to do a certain number of post are something.

:confused: Does anyone here have any idea why we can not post in the signature section of our bio's? I also noticed that the photos link is missing too.

Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signatures are being done on a manual basis right now. I'm happy to help anyone with theirs.

Lee, I have sent you another PM on this matter. I sent you one 10/10/2006 asking you to add my signature and you responded asking if i was a VCA Site Sponsor. I responded I was and nebver heard back from you.

Can you add the following to my signature please:
VCA Site Sponsor
AtRo Shifter Kit
AtRo Ram Air Induction Kit
AtRo Side Exhaust System w/Hi Flow Cats
AtRo Exhaust Heat Reduction Kit
EBC Brake Pads & Rotors

I will also email this to you and put it in a PM.

Thanks,

Robbie
AtRo racing Products

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper