New member...

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all! I have been a lurker on the board for about 2 yrs. Been a huge fan of Vipers for some time. I FINALLY bought one! I found a pristine Blue and White striped 1997 viper GTS with 2609 miles! I flew down to OK to look it over and bought it on the spot. I saw it online Saturday when it was posted and put a holding fee on it ASAP! The car should arrive home sometime late next week! Hopefully I can hook up with some local Chicago guys. My neighbor has a 00 GTS as well which only helped to fuel the desire! Now the painful waiting game.

Anyway, just wanted to share my great news!!!!

Rob :usa:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
WELCOME, Rob. Hope to see you somewhere...maybe at the gathering in Niles, MI this Sat.? See recent post below:

" Hi everyone.
Dean Loucks has asked me to post an invitation for all of our fellow Viper owners to come and enjoy a day (I am sure it will go late into the night) of fun and excitement at his home in Niles Michigan on July 10th.
This will be a big time pool party and barbecue. For those of you who joined us last year it will be bigger and better than before, for the new comers, bring your bathing suit, appetite and sense of humor because we are going to have fun!
Click on the link below and select the category "Party Information"
http://www.the-artofdesign.com/portfolio.cfm

Any questions can be e-mailed to: [email protected], attention Kelly. She will be able to answer all your questions.

Brian Evans
Granger Indiana
V.C.A. Member "

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfort, this weekend is booked. Thanks a ton for the invite. I look fwd to meeting up with everyone. Right now I am looking at whih modifications I may do. Def the short throw shifter and the Chrome viper GTS emplems on the side. Which smooth tubes and K&N set up does eveyone use???

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Prvt Jet,

Thanks! I think we met last year at Frato's. You we're parked next to my neighbors 00"GTS with the silver metallic and silver stripes. Thanks for the advice.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah, I used to go there every thurs night. we might be hanging out tonight at streets of woodfield or kalifornia pizza kitchen in schaumburg. you can call me if you have any questions on mods, I can turn you to the right people. 630-400-0568

Isaac

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY ROB I THINKYOU WILL ENJOY YOUR VIPER,YOU WILL BE NOTICED OVER ALL OWNERS OFOTHER BRAND SPORTS CARS.THIER IS NOTHING LIKE AMERICAN MUSCLE POWER..EXSPECIALY 10 FIRE BREATING CYLINDERS#$%^**&^5........

ENJOY FROM MARK AT VIPER SPEED

ViperPower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase. I also am a new member, not to VCA, but to the forums. I look forward to the day I also can own one and be a real member.

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks all. I will post a few pics later from Monday when I purchased it. 7 days to go and it will be here!!!!

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wait is killing me. Already looking at mods. Chrome smooth tubes or the red smooth tubes from partsrack, chrome colored side viper emblems, car cover, Corsa, geez.... 3-4 days to go...

RD

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rad and ViperPower WELCOME!

Rad, watch that steering input in conjunction with accelerator pedal application!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, Rob!!!
Drive safe -> see my "crash" post.
PICs, pics, pics?
The IL VCA guys are great - you will love it.

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Rob congrats on your new ride.

Finally someone in my back yard i can talk vipers with.\

Dan

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. The Blue/White cars are my favorite. When I bought my first Viper I had to wait for a week for it to be shipped. I ordered $5,000.00 worth of upgrades before it was even delivered. You're gonna love that car.

Doc

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It arrived on Friday afternoon. I had to wipe it down for sudt etc... Saturday was spent detailing the entire car! Sunday I had to go refill it with gas! ;) Wow!!! All I can say is, It's about time!!!!! I love this thing and the cam sounds awesome. The rattle from the tranny is annoying, but oh well. I need to find out what recalls and TSB's have been done so I will post my VIN and hopefully someone will run it for me on a Dodge computer.

Next up: Chrome smooth tubes w/ K&N's or S &B's..
Shorter shifter
Car cover!!!!
Corsa exhaust
Hi flo cats - damn the heat underneith is bad!!!
Chrome side emblems
MGW chrome gas cap
That's all for now unless I am missing something!