NEW OIL FILTERS!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Available now is a new type of oil filter to the Viper market. Used in Racing mainly, and hasnt made its way to the street scene aside from tuners... -YET-.

These filters are of Aluminum construction, and incorporate a REPLACEABLE internal 8-Micron filter, and an anti-drainback valve. These filters are BETTER than even Mobil 1, as Mobil 1 has a 10-20 Micron filter. The casing is designed to withstand many times over operating pressure, so surging is not an issue.

Features:
-Sturdy Alum. Construction
-Removable End Cap for Element Replacement
-8-Micron Filter
-Anti-Drainback Valve
-completely rebuildable
-VERY High Flow and Efficiency Rates
-Filter element good for up to 10K miles on a street car, or 5K miles on a race car/new-not broken-in car.

Complete filters are 99.95, and replacement elements are 14.95

Extra O-rings are also available

Thanks!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
STEVE- As soon as I get within reach of a phone, I will call them up and see what kind of info I can sqeeze out of them.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the numbers you wanted!

8-Micron Filtration
15 Gallons Per Minute (Mobil 1 is only tested at 3!!!)
300+ degrees F (Viton Seals)
300 PSI working pressure

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Replacing the filter is not really any more or less messy than a standard filter...they all make a mess! lol. However, with these filters, it only has to be done 1/2 to 1/4 as often.

Pictures:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
So this "canister" threads on just like the standard oil filter and seals in the same way on the same area, but just has a cartridge inside of it that is replacable?
I see your pic shows a couple different sizes, does the standard Viper one any longer hence hang down more?
How much more capacity will this give your system over a "standard conventional" filter?
Thanks

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JOE-

Yes, screws on the same way in the same area, but has a replaceable catridges.

There are 2 different sizes of filters available, one is the same length as stock filters, and the other is 2" longer. I ordered one of the longer filters to see if they will fit in a Viper application. I am fairly sure they will for SRT's, but G-1 & G-2 are a toss up due to frame being underneath. Capacity difference is not enough to matter- and wouldnt have an effect anyway.

Even still though, the filters the same size as stock flow more, filter better, are built better, and last longer than conventional filters.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll tell you what... I'll send you a free large one to test, if you send me a free check for 107.00 :2tu: We got a deal?!? LOL

I will post as soon as I know if the large one fits... gotta get over to my friends house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang