New Owner Question Regarding Carlisle Car Show

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured this was the best place to post this, since it is indeed a "newbie" question...

...that, and I can't post in the "events" section yet.

I'm just curious, for those that attend Carlisle, what "extra costs" might be associated with the events that take place in the Viper area of the grounds. I've noticed during my previous attendance at the show that the Viper guys have a big tent and such, but I'm not sure what else takes place during the weekend.

Since I'm hoping to join the VCA before Carlisle and attend with the Viper for the first time, I'd like to know what I should be prepared for. Meals? Raffles? Booklets/Pamphlets/Photo Albums?

I'm still fearing that I'll be unemployed during the show, so I want to budget efficiently, but still be able to enjoy myself.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

V

Venomiss

I figured this was the best place to post this, since it is indeed a "newbie" question...

...that, and I can't post in the "events" section yet.

I'm just curious, for those that attend Carlisle, what "extra costs" might be associated with the events that take place in the Viper area of the grounds. I've noticed during my previous attendance at the show that the Viper guys have a big tent and such, but I'm not sure what else takes place during the weekend.

Since I'm hoping to join the VCA before Carlisle and attend with the Viper for the first time, I'd like to know what I should be prepared for. Meals? Raffles? Booklets/Pamphlets/Photo Albums?

I'm still fearing that I'll be unemployed during the show, so I want to budget efficiently, but still be able to enjoy myself.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

Here you go:
http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-viper-events-gatherings/625183-chryslers-carlisle.html

and sent you a PM on who to contact for your questions on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that thread. I've been to Carlisle many times before - I'm just trying to figure out how things might differ from the 'Cuda Club I've joined in years past. They don't have an annual membership, so things work a little differently for them! :)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I take it no one else in the club actually goes to Carlisle? :dunno:

Jeff, I didn't look first, but I know the PA region does go there (cause Denny always invites us). If you haven't already, you might want to ask this question over in their region forum.

OK, now I see that Chris' bride already had this covered. So what else is new? LOL

Last edited:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to Carlisle with the VCA in 07. Great turnout. I believe about 50-60 Vipers were there. Denny was one of them, I recognized his car.

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't post in the PA forum and I can't get the president to respond to me... :dunno: Gotta admit it dampens my interest to spend over $100 to "join the club."

I'm just trying to figure out what it'll cost me - what expenses are involved with being part of the Viper field with the VCA.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't post in the PA forum and I can't get the president to respond to me... :dunno: Gotta admit it dampens my interest to spend over $100 to "join the club."

I'm just trying to figure out what it'll cost me - what expenses are involved with being part of the Viper field with the VCA.

Jeff, I have been answering your questions, if you remember correctly, I reached out to you before I even met you when your car was "broke" to try an help you out. I don't read every thread on the forum, as I generally check a couple of sections (but not all) daily. To my knowledge I have answered every message you sent to me. The cost for Carlisle is $40 dollars per car, there is a multi car discount if you register more than one. The price per car goes up on June 22nd ($10), that is why we recommend pre-registering, plus the size of the area we occupy on the showfield is determined by the number of cars that are pre-registered. The only other cost you will incur at Carlisle is for the things you find the urge to buy. The club hosts the lunch for the members that are pre-registered, and we typically feed in the neighborhood of 100 people. As far as "So I take it no one else in the club actually goes to Carlisle?", nothing could be farther from the truth, we are expecting in excess of 50 Vipers this year....there are a great number of members that do not frequent the forum, and get their information from club newsletters, meetings, post cards etc.

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, I have been answering your questions, if you remember correctly, I reached out to you before I even met you when your car was "broke" to try an help you out.

Carmen,

Yes you did and I thank you. I don't mean to come across as being angry. I did ask the same question about Carlisle just last week before the Philly cruise and didn't hear back. It's coming up soon and I'm just trying to get a feel for things and be prepared because things could be pretty crazy for me during that time.

I have already registered for Carlisle, and already used the VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA as my club name so that the club gets credit. I was going to register with my usual Cuda-Challenger.com club, but they don't usually have enough turn-out to "earn" anything with turnout.

As far as Carlisle itself goes, I know it very well - this will be my third year as a participant on the Fun Field. And I've seen the significant Viper turnout every year! I'm extremely excited to be a part of the group.

Again Carmen I apologize, and I do appreciate the response. I just didn't want to be standing out in the grass with my pockets pulled out goin', "But I didn't know I needed cash for lunch!!"

See you on the fairgrounds. Sorry I missed the Philly tour BTW - glad the weather turned out good. I'm hoping I just got my squeaky exhaust repaired!

Jeff

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem Jeff, and if you are standing there with your pockets pulled out, you can stand next to me, my wife always empties my pockets before I get to Carlisle so I don't come home with all the cool stuff I find.:(

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem Jeff, and if you are standing there with your pockets pulled out, you can stand next to me, my wife always empties my pockets before I get to Carlisle so I don't come home with all the cool stuff I find.:(

:lmao:

I sure hope she doesn't teach MY wife that trick... :)

This year I plan on adding to my wardrobe collection, but nothing much else part-wise. Plus I have a nice Carlisle plaque on a wooden backing that's done up in a faux "white marble" appearance with pictures of my white 'Cuda from the show in 2007. So this year I want to have the same guy do a black marble backing with pictures of my black Viper.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff -

Just saw this thread and thought I would add my $.02 worth. We do have a 50-50 raffle at the Viper tent. And, we also usually have some cool other "auction" items. We also usually have some really nice Viper shirts for sale. I'm not sure what else Carmen may have up his sleeve to sell, but you might want to bring some extra cash for those wardrobe items that you just have to have.:)

Look forward to seeing you again in Carlisle!!!

Ginger

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Ginger. That's the little details I needed to know. I always seem to be on the 0% end of any 50/50 raffle, but the shirts and auctions definitely sound interesting. I'll come prepared.

Can't wait for the show!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21