New owner question?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my new (to me) Viper down to the little country store about a mile from home last week to get something and when i came back outside the store, there were quite a few people gathered around it and admiring it. Well, one lady was persistent that i give her a ride in it. I need advice on what to do. I am married and my wife bought the car for me. I told the woman my wife probably wouldn't like the idea of me giving women rides and the woman said 'well,she wouldn't have to know'..i have went down to the store a few times since and since the woman works there,she is always bugging me about it. I came home the last time and told my wife about it and she said i could take her for a ride if i wanted to. So now i am trying to figure what to do. Do you think i should give the woman a ride in my car? I took my wife down to the store the other day and when she walked in she said the owner told the woman 'This is Mrs, Farrari..now you can ask her if her hubby can take you for that ride'..well,my wife corrected her and said it's 'Mrs. Viper!' not Farrari...anyway,should i give the woman a ride? :drive:

Last edited:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Just be careful. Don't try to "show" them what the car will do. Be prepared for others to ask too. If you don't want to, just be polite and say "some other time, I don't have time right now" or something like that. Or, just say No. :2tu:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,that's what i figured too...and the lady isn't the first to want a ride in the Viper..When i first bought it,i stopped on the way home to gas up and when i came out from paying for my gas,i had a crowd of about ten people waiting for me. One kid in a jeep asked if i wanted to race for pink slips,but he was joking. Another older guy was waiting to hear me start it up and everyone else just liked the looks i guess. Up to that point i hadn't even hit the gas to feel it's power but as i pulled out from the station,i suddenly had the urge to see what it would do..I didn't floor it but gave it some juice and frankly it scared me a little bit . I have been a muscle car nut all my life and have owned some pretty badass cars,but this was a whole new animal! Back in the day i had a 69 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 that even managed an 11:43 ET at Old Dominion speedway in Manassas Va,but i think this Viper would have gotten the best of it if they ever raced.Then again maybe i am just getting old .LOL . I won't be giving any gals rides. Except for one beautiful lady that bought it for me..;)

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are not getting old. You are not used to the Vipers torque curve. There are many cars out there that are faster unless your Viper is modded, (it's not faster than the Coronet's 11.43), but the low end torque on a Viper might make it feel like it's faster. Be careful with your car or you will get bit!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are not getting old. You are not used to the Vipers torque curve. There are many cars out there that are faster unless your Viper is modded, (it's not faster than the Coronet's 11.43), but the low end torque on a Viper might make it feel like it's faster. Be careful with your car or you will get bit!

Yeah,i think the torque surprised me. It throws ya back into the seat don't it? As far as i know the Belanger headers is the only mod,although i really have no real way of knowing short of doing some dissasembly and i won't do that since all i use it for is cruising and enjoying the feel of a real American made muscle car. I miised that since my former wife bugged me so much about all my old muscle cars that i ended up selling them all about ten years ago. Biggest mistake i ever made but at least i did get rid of her too. lol...I get sick thinking of how i agreed to selling them just to keep the peace. Her is what i sold over a yearlong period about ten years ago.

1969 Chevelle SS 396
1969 Chevelle SS 396 (with a built 327)
1971 Roadrunner
1967 GTO Convertible
1966 Chevelle SS 396 (375) Convertible
1980 Built Z-28
1967 Buick Wildcat
1974 Formula Firebird

list goes on...Now my new wife is OK with anything i want to buy.Wish i'd met her first! lol :drive:

aacrewchief

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my Viper a little over 2 months now. You don't see them around here at all (Tulsa, OK) so mine turns A LOT OF HEADS! Today, while driving down the highway, some dude was hanging like half-way out his buddy's car with his camera phone in hand shooting video of my ride! It was pretty funny actually. When I'm stopped at a gas station, I always get people wanting to take pics... :D

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The main question is "she has to be hot" if not its definately a no go.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have to agree, is she look good in a Viper then take her for a ride. Vipers are better than cute chicks, but cute chicks won`t hurt your reputation. 1 very cute chick (about 19) at Pioneer Auto Museum asked for a ride in my GTS. She was HOT. When I said I had a rear tire, airbox and other stock parts on the passenger seat the chick became really chilly and thought that it was her right for me to empty my car in the parking lot to take her for a ride. Nasty little cute chick did not get a ride in my GTS.

Ted

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a picture of her and post it here (with her permission of course).

We will tell you what to do ... :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree, is she look good in a Viper then take her for a ride. Vipers are better than cute chicks, but cute chicks won`t hurt your reputation. 1 very cute chick (about 19) at Pioneer Auto Museum asked for a ride in my GTS. She was HOT. When I said I had a rear tire, airbox and other stock parts on the passenger seat the chick became really chilly and thought that it was her right for me to empty my car in the parking lot to take her for a ride. Nasty little cute chick did not get a ride in my GTS.

Ted

What, you're saying that your passenger seat could not easily be emptied to give her a short ride :dunno:? Of course she got nasty for such a blatant display of lazyness :eater:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery