new owner /used 2001 RT/10

mhill1950

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi ,I have been listening and asking a few questions over the last month or so.I am the proud new owner of a 2001 RED with white stripes RT/10 with 5400 miles .The car finally arrived by Fedex.Exec. last Wednesday. I upgraded my "lurker" ( Viper Magazine subscription ) to venom membership today.I have hoped to own a Viper since they were first introduced.my wife & I bought this one( my first Viper)as an early retirement gift for me (I retire in 9 months):usa::).I live in central Florida and really look forward to the Viper Club activities.Thanks to you all for being a great organization.
Mike Hill

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the very nice retirement gift...a lot better than a watch :2tu:. Be safe. I'm sure you've already read all the threads about being careful with the power from the beast.

OP
OP
M

mhill1950

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, I am being very cautious until I learn about the cars handling . sorry about not having pics, I amn not that sharp with the tech computer stuff. I will get my daughter to help. haha. my tag is registered as MSLKR -Muscle car

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Mike. Nice retirement gift. A month ago I got a red 2001 rt10 in pristine condition for my 40th wedding anniversary. I am 71. Not to old to own a viper. My son has a red 94 rt10. He gave me the bug and my wife a hard time.She finally gave in and said, that will be your anniversary gift. hahaha . Glad I did not have a viper when I was younger or you would have been reading about me and how reckless one can be. Older and wiser now.Love the car. Love working on it.I did a lot of work on the 94 so I am no stranger to the car.

Enjoy and good luck with your retirement.

OP
OP
M

mhill1950

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the warm welcome.I will get pics loaded asap. I am retiring in December of this year after 30 years with Orlando Fire Department in Orlando Florida ,Before that I worked at Hollywood,Fl.Fire Dept for 4 years.
I have wanted a Red Viper Rt/10 since they were a concept car .
In the 60's & early 70's I owned a 1965 mustang factory Hi-Po "K" code Fastback ,a 1970 Dodge Challenger Rt, a 69 vette ,and during the 90's a 68 Z28/Rs camaro with only 27,000 original miles .I wish I still had the mustang and Z28!!
I believe the Viper is the ultimate American Muscle car .I look foward to getting to know all of you and learning from your many varied experiences.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. The Viper reminds me of the muscle cars of the late 60's and early 70's (I turned 18 in '71). Big, loud, powerful and in your face. I love it and know you will too.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your Viper retirement package.:D

Be sure and drop a private message PM to one of the moderators here kcobean or Lee00blacksilverGTS with your VIN and information. They will check for your membership number and get you updated on the site so you can see a whole lot more.

Thank you for your service with the fire department.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to you and your wife on your new RT/10. Red with white stripes, very nice! I've been considering adding white stripes to mine, just can't get off the dime to do it.

By the way, as I'm sure you're aware, R E D is the fastest color, so beware of the extreme powers given only to red Vipers!:D

:bolt:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235