New Owner with Questions

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My old man just bought an 05 SRT-10. We have had our eyes on vipers ever since they started production, and with the bad economy and the price drop on these things, we were able to pick one up at a decent price.

Anyways, my question has to do with any car issues. I know every car has their "quirks" or "imperfections". So what problems or issues might we encounter with the SRT-10 that are notorious? We would much rather be ready for something, than be surprised.

Thanks all for your help! We plan on becoming VCA members very soon also!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. You will have a lot of FUN with the car and try to attend VOI-11 in SLC! 2005? If the car is clean (no accident) there should be no problems except new tires, if still original (ZP) ones!

OP
OP
G

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome. You will have a lot of FUN with the car and try to attend VOI-11 in SLC! 2005? If the car is clean (no accident) there should be no problems except new tires, if still original (ZP) ones!

It is an 05, clean title with no accidents. The dealer we bought from just put fresh Pilot Sport PS2's on there.

eucharistos said:
so, are you the wife or kid

I would be the son. LOL. Dad raised me to love internal combustion and the viper is one fine example of just that.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The PS2s will heat up quicker , so there is an advantage over the Run Flats when getting on the power ( the only caveat on that is that PS2s are not recommended under 40 degrees and they have a flat feel with initial driving on a cool day ).

They also will give you a better ride and less wandering of the car down less than perfect roads.

The rule of thumb is treat her like the good looking woman she is, squeeze her when you want the best results, because if you slap her around , she's gonna slap you back,ha!

V

Venomiss

Hey guys,

My old man just bought an 05 SRT-10. We have had our eyes on vipers ever since they started production, and with the bad economy and the price drop on these things, we were able to pick one up at a decent price.

Anyways, my question has to do with any car issues. I know every car has their "quirks" or "imperfections". So what problems or issues might we encounter with the SRT-10 that are notorious? We would much rather be ready for something, than be surprised.

Thanks all for your help! We plan on becoming VCA members very soon also!

Welcome!
If you do become VCA members before August 27th you are eligible to buy tickets to win the VooDoo Viper here:

https://www.viperclub.org/raffle/

Pictures please!

OP
OP
G

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only picture I got right now.

This is right before the test drive at the dealer.

You must be registered for see images attach

The car is currently being transporter in an enclosed trailer from Reno, NV to Washington DC. We should have it later this week! :drive:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might find this site very helpful in your area and get with kcobean here for help.

Welcome to the VA/MD Region of the Viper Club of America.

Thank you Misses Venomiss!! :D

G-Fulm, my name is Kelly and I'm one of the officers in the VA/MD region. I look forward to you and your dad being in the club! We are a pretty active group here, we love getting out on cruises and such.

If y'all have any questions or need any help, please let me know and I'll take care of you.

Thanks, and congrats! That's a killer car!

Kelly

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the SRT hasn't got any imperfections... Great car your dad bought! Have fun!

OP
OP
G

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Misses Venomiss!! :D

G-Fulm, my name is Kelly and I'm one of the officers in the VA/MD region. I look forward to you and your dad being in the club! We are a pretty active group here, we love getting out on cruises and such.

If y'all have any questions or need any help, please let me know and I'll take care of you.

Thanks, and congrats! That's a killer car!

Kelly

Hi Kelly! We plan on becoming members ASAP and hopefully get to know some of the members around the area.

Just for future reference, where are the viper techs around here and are they good guys?

Roy said:
Looks like the SRT hasn't got any imperfections... Great car your dad bought! Have fun!

Thank Roy. The car is almost perfect. It has some scraps and curb rash under the front lip. My Dad and I were in Reno for a conference, so we were able to look the car over with a fine tooth comb and take her for a drive.

Next thing you know...Ended up buying it...Wonder how that happened. :rolleyes:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kelly! We plan on becoming members ASAP and hopefully get to know some of the members around the area.

Just for future reference, where are the viper techs around here and are they good guys?

Viper Techs are hard to come by at Dodge dealerships. I *think* there is one at the Dodge dealer in Springfield, and there is a well known/liked guy working at PBC Automotive in Chantilly named Dwayne. He works on a number of owner cars here in the area and can do pretty much anything that's not warranty work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave