New Owner with two questions

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you are all well!

Well I finally purchased a 1994 Yellow Viper with 9,000 miles. In a previous message I stated that the Viper was twice the car that my previous Cobra replica was! I was wrong...it is three times the car! Love it!

I do have two questions for the forum that I was hoping to get help with.
Question 1:
Hard to explain but I will try! When drive the Viper in first or second gear on bumpy Montreal roads at constant speed, the car's acceleration will state to occilate. It is as if you accelerate and decelerate. It could be the cars movement is causing my foot to fluctuate the accerator pedal. It is as if the accerator pedal is very sensitive. Has anyone else experience this? On the same roads...if I am constantly accelerating, this will not happen. It will never happen on smooth roads!

Question 2:
THis is related to idling speed. The car idles at about 500 rpm. When driving normally and coming to a stop, the car will tend to idle near zero and come back up to 500. If you brake too suddenly, the car will stall. Is there an idle adjustment that needs to be made?

I will be joing the VCA this week!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the IAC (idle air control) needs to be cleaned. Try that first. Re-set PCM will probably help too. (can search both of these probably).
-chip

OP
OP
Tonym6071

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Thank you for your valuable recommendations...I will follow-through and advise.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The tach is reading 750.... normal

Agree with Steve, if the car is bucking at parking-lot speeds, synch the throttle cables. When you touch the accelerator, the Driver-side TBody should open an instant before the Pass side TBody.

If you have the throttle RPMs oscillate at constant pedal pressure, you may have a vacuum leak.....or even the dreaded G-1 Head gasket issue... Is your coolant 100% full, no air in motor? Any gasket history from prior owners?

The Year Matters: 'Reset PCM' is not a Gen 1 idle remedy .....and on a Gen 2 it makes idle speed WORSE / erratic til it adapts.

OP
OP
Tonym6071

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
Thanks again for the support! I will synch throttle cables as a start!

PS: The car runs great under smooth road conditions and under heavy throttle. Highway drivability is fantastic! The Viper cruises at 1400 rpm at 70 miles/hour and is an absolute pleasure!

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If stalling on stopping. You may wish to think about a new battery. Replaced the battery and it solved the problem.

OP
OP
Tonym6071

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Hope you are all well!

Well...wow...problem is solved! The synching of the throttle cables worked! Easiest thing I did!

Thanks to all for your support!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm loosing it. I thought ALL 1994 cars were RED like my brother's first Viper.
I thought it was '95 when the yellow/green/black cars came out.
Have I been wrong all this time?

PBR

OH- Dang- The latest copy of VM says I'm wrong!

RTIO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
94 Viper Red
Can you help me with this one.
Radiator fan runs all the time .cold/hot
From the time you turn the key on ,to when I turn it off
Is this right our is one of the sencers not. Working and which
One would it be.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, RT10....I will bet that you will get more answers faster by posting this again in the R/T 10 and GTS Discussion section.

Have you clecked fan relay ???